Audio pop thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok I have had an audio pop issue over the last two weeks on my H21 that would show up during the evening hours. Today I had a tech out to replace the receiver for severe pixeling and guide issues and got a new bband and an H20 upgrade in the process.

Tonight starting just after 8Pm the audio pop started again on channel 0296 cartoon network HD but not on the sd version of this channel. The transponder for this channel is sat 101 transponder 9 and shares channel 522 and TBS along with several other channels.

If anyone else is having an issue with this or wants to help compile information about this such as receiver model, location, connection to the tv, switch type, and time frame to include if this happens sun up or down that would be greatly apreciated. I know that there have been issues with the HR series and Im wondering if this may be an issue for the H2X series aswell.

I just took 2 H21-100's, one as a replacement for a dead H20-600 and the other to replace my old Samsung HD receiver. Both have the annoying pop on changing channels. I so miss my H20-600.:(

Are you guys setting the DirecTV Dolby Digital audio output to "ON", but actually connected to a TV or some 2 chnl device? If so turn that Dolby Digital audio off in the DirecTV receiver.

Are you guys setting the DirecTV Dolby Digital audio output to "ON", but actually connected to a TV or some 2 chnl device? If so turn that Dolby Digital audio off in the DirecTV receiver.

that did it for me.... I had the pops when I first got installed. Switched it from DD to nonDD and it is better here.

Having multi-chnl audio sent to a non- multi-chnl device when it has no way to resolve it is likely the issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)