Need fast answer - 2 HDTV's, 1 HR21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I called and talked to both DirecTV and Plasma Concepts. They both told me that the HR21 will NOT output component if HDMI is plugged in.

They have tested it and there is no way to do it.

I have 2 HD TV's and want to hook up a single HR21 to both TV's.

I currently have a Dish 622 and do this, component to my DLP in the living room and HDMI to the LCD in the bedroom.

I had to cancel my order because unless I can confirm a way to do this, even with a HDMI splitter, I'll have to stick with Dish.

We watch 90 percent recorded content so its important its available to us in either location.

DTV did offer me a second HR21 but without them talking to one another its not going to do me much good.

Thanks!

I just tried it on my HR21-200, HDMI and component connected to a Dell LCD TV and component works while HDMI is also connected.

Well this is directly from Plasma Concepts. They said they wanted to hook up 2 HDTV's in their showroom to the same DVR and it worked until HDMI was plugged in.

I would love to switch but worry about this issue coming up.

Work fine for me. I have both TVs on right now.

Both are always active.

I the sister model, HR20-100

Everywhere I read, everyone says all HD DVRs have both active at the same time. They do show the same show though. Maybe they are saying NO it does not work as they one each tv to show its own programming?

I called back and clarified my question. The way I asked it they might have thought I wanted to watch 2 programs on 2 TV's....but I was clear.

Well I'm out of time and if the majority here has it working, on HR21's, not HR20's, then I'll give it a shot.

I have to order tomorrow morning to make sure its in place on Friday.

Well we'll find out on Saturday and see.

Install is scheduled for that morning.

Well we'll find out on Saturday and see.

Install is scheduled for that morning.

If you are still unsure, I have two HR21's each connected to two HDTV's. In my family room my projector is on component, and my 20" HDTV in the kitchen is on HDMI after a 65' run from that same receiver.

Another HR21 in my office connected to the HDTV by component, and the HDMI runs about 45 feet to the next bedroom to another HDTV.

Both remotes are in RF mode, I bring them to the locations needed, works just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)