Audioholics pisses all over the Sony BDP-S300 player

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Ouch. Even the Toshiba A20 reviews weren't this brutal.

Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray Player Review — Audioholics Home Theater Reviews and News

Home Theater Magazine said the BDP-S300 has trouble deinterlacing 1080i video content. //Pure speculation It was probably this buggy slow P.O.S. that delayed "Nature's Journey!"

Why is this important? This is the cheapest standalone Blu-ray player available at Target and Wally World for a mere $500. Most people don't want a $400 loud, hot gaming console in their master bedrooms to compliment their $500 no-name LCD.

(Posted here and not the Blu section for obvious reasons! :p )

Yeah, but there was no War Zone there. I would never post it like that on AVS. I wouldn't even post this in the Blu-Ray section here.

Whats funny is no hard data for some PQ comments.

If this was such a good review source thay'd pony up for HQV test discs and give us hard numbers like have been published for many HDDVD/BD players to date.

I generally put little stock in many of these internet reviews.

Ouch. Even the Toshiba A20 reviews weren't this brutal.

Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray Player Review — Audioholics Home Theater Reviews and News

Home Theater Magazine said the BDP-S300 has trouble deinterlacing 1080i video content. //Pure speculation It was probably this buggy slow P.O.S. that delayed "Nature's Journey!"

Why is this important? This is the cheapest standalone Blu-ray player available at Target and Wally World for a mere $500. Most people don't want a $400 loud, hot gaming console in their master bedrooms to compliment their $500 no-name LCD.

(Posted here and not the Blu section for obvious reasons! :p )

It's thread titles like these that get people all wound up:down:down

I still think we need a neutral forum for people who own both to have conversations about movies and such. The warzone is the only real place people who own both can discuss.

You can discuss movies here -- folks don't usually jump on movie talk --- just BD/HD-DVD talk.

I still think we need a neutral forum for people who own both to have conversations about movies and such. The warzone is the only real place people who own both can discuss.

I agree, but I'm not sure what we'd discuss. Well, maybe the mods will set one up and we could give it a try.

S~

I think that is why they setup format specific areas. To have civial discusion with fellow formators. Although I like your idea, I think it would turn into a war zone.

Maybe so. Its just posting the war zone tends to get you into posts that create a huge argument. Then on the other side its impossible to discuss anything HDDVD at a forum like Blu-Ray.com.

I may just start lurking there for news and keep all my posting here.

I sure would like to drop that bomb over at BD.com but they banned me for "reason = none, and duration = forever". I think it was because I said I was neutral. I also said it was a mistake to put out a player with incomplete specs. Reality is not something they tolerate there. :rolleyes:

I sure would like to drop that bomb over at BD.com but they banned me for "reason = none, and duration = forever". I think it was because I said I was neutral. I also said it was a mistake to put out a player with incomplete specs. Reality is not something they tolerate there. :rolleyes:

Hehe, I'm sure you're post was that nice

:p

Hehe, I'm sure you're post was that nice

:p
Honestly I didnt think I said anything out of line. I have learned that nothing even slightly critical is tolerated. You are immediately axed. What that means is that no objective thought is allowed. Only "BD is the best and HD DVD needs to die." Thats it.

I mean just look at the arrogance of this thread:

Format neutral supporters wanted - from HD DVD to Blu-ray! - Blu-ray Forum

1. Read this whole thing before you respond.
2. Don't attack the guests of MY thread. Keep it civil. Hostilitles toward HD DVD end now.
3. Get used to the fact this site will have a LOT more neutral members from the fall out of blu-ray winning. There are more neutral supporters here now than you suspect.
Neutral to them means you left HD DVD for BD. :rolleyes:

I did a search there for "Audioholics" and Audioholics+BBDP-S300 and guess what? No mention whatsoever.

Whats funny is no hard data for some PQ comments.

If this was such a good review source thay'd pony up for HQV test discs and give us hard numbers like have been published for many HDDVD/BD players to date.

I generally put little stock in many of these internet reviews.

I don't particularly like their style; but they are quite competent individuals.

Look up what each test is and see what they're doing.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts