Audyssey Pro Calibration?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I notice someone that tours my area does these. Best I can tell is it's compatible with any installer ready AVR (I have a Denon 3313ci) and it allows the calibrator to take 32 measurements regardless of the on board Audyssey version, and they have a Audyssey pro mic.

Anyone have any input? Seriously thinking about doing it.

http://www.audyssey.com/installers

MultEQ XT Setup Comparisons

Features

Do-it-yourself

Trained Professional

Professional Benefits

Maximum number of listening positions measured 6 or 8 32 Collects a more detailed sonic picture of your room, yielding more accurate results

Measurement microphone Audyssey Consumer Mic Audyssey Professional Mic Professional mic is calibrated to the highest industry standards for most accurate measurement possible

Subwoofer/satellite speaker crossover technology Audyssey basic level Audyssey advanced level A more accurate sound blending between the sub and the other speakers

Target Sound Curve
options 1 3 + "midrange compensation" Sound curve can be better matched to your room size and speaker type

Audyssey MultEQ XT
Certificate Not included Included Printed-out certificate displays the sound improvements made to your system

My opinion? Spend your money elsewhere. You have enough experience where you can get things pretty much where they need to be. We only did them on high end setupd and processors that do not come with room correction.

S~

OK. To me the description sounded like they have the ability in my situation to run 32 points, opposed to the 8, effectively making it XT32, along with some other perks. It isnt cheap for the service though.

Pro service can do a lot more than the standard Audyssey set up in the receiver. Question is, is it really worth the cost. Probably not.

S~

gadgtfreek said:
OK. To me the description sounded like they have the ability in my situation to run 32 points, opposed to the 8, effectively making it XT32, along with some other perks. It isnt cheap for the service though.

XT32 has much more than more microphone positions, it has far better EQ power than the other versions. Pro will not turn XT into XT32. But Pro does give you a custom curve editor and the ability to turn off mid range compensation. Most people seem to recommend upgrading to a receiver with XT32 over adding Pro to XT.

Seriously. Save your money, take a year off of upgraditis, and get yoursef certified. Then go out and do it on the side for some extra cash. ISF certification is only three days for both Levels. ;)

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)