Auto tune option??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blueridge66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Northern AZ
I took advantage of D**** offer to upgrade to a DVR. My H21 was replaced with a HR22-100. With the H21 if I wanted to tune to a program in the future I could go through the process of "auto tuning" however the HR22 only gives the choice of recording a future program. In some case like watching the 9pm news I don't necessarily want to record it .... just tune when it comes on. Am I missing some option or is this feature not available on the DVR unit?...
I downloaded the OM and searched "auto tune" but got no hits.

i've always wanted this feature and i don't understand why we can't have it on the dvr's......... :confused:

Agreed, the autotune should be an option.

Suggestion: Setup your news under Rec. Series with "Episode Type: First Run" and "Keep at Most:1 Episode" and "Keep Until: Disk is Full".

This should keep only the most recent news episode in in your playlist without filling it with old news. You can also set the priority low so it won't conflict with your favorite shows.

Yep I love the autotune feature on my VIPs. Comes in real handy when your kids can't figure out how or what channel their favorite shows are on.

Appreciate the responses.....
it's seems like when one "upgrades" to get a set of new features an important one gets lost.
last upgrade I lost over-the-air programming with the H21. I guess now I can get it back with a A21.
In the scope of life worse things can happen!

With a dual tuner DVR, I believe the designers thought that auto tune wouldn't be needed. The thought being that you would record the showing for later viewing. However, the series link setup with keep only one show is a good option.

Autotune should have been included in the DirecTV DVR software.If I get to missing autotune too much I will just go back to DirecTV's standard receiver which has autotune and program information on top of the guide when you select guide.

Didn't mean to resurrect an old thread, but is there any change in software at present for this feature in the HR24 series.

Autotune should have been included in the DirecTV DVR software.If I get to missing autotune too much I will just go back to DirecTV's standard receiver which has autotune and program information on top of the guide when you select guide.

No you won't ......

The DVR becomes a part of your everyday life once you get a DVR ....
About the time you go back, they will push a software update to add it !

No you won't ......

The DVR becomes a part of your everyday life once you get a DVR ....
About the time you go back, they will push a software update to add it !

I agree with you Jimbo. Until I had a dvr I never thought I needed one. Now I use it all of the time! I probably record 8-10 shows a day between the two I have.

Nope... I have MRV and on my H21 I have the option to record once record series and autotune. This show be like this on a HR2x a long time ago

autotune on dvr's has been a request for awhile now but no one seems to give a rats ass about it :(

Autotune does exist on the DVRS!!!

It's called "RECORD".
you obviously have no idea what auto tune is by your comment there.:rolleyes:
let me explain. autotune is a feature where it allows you to have the dvr tune to a channel at a schedule you set like when you set a recording.difference is its not scheduled to record a certain program on that channel. it just tunes to it. those of us who came from dish do miss it.some of use don't want to record everything. i believe some of the dish dvrs also had an auto reminder feature. not sure on that one.

I know exactly what auto tune is. My old DirecTV receivers had the feature and it worked quite well.
However, after the DVRs were introduced, having the ability to auto record shows was a step above auto tune.

What's the problem with recording a show? You can delete it after watching it, obviously.
I much prefer to have the ability of skipping through commercials.
I'll start a recording and when I get around to watch, which might be 15 minutes after the start, I can skip the ads and be done with a 1 hour show by the top of the next hour.

If you just want to have the DVR tune to a channel at some time, regardless of program, then you can still use a manual record setting.

I too WANT my Auto-Tune - had it with Dish and with Comcast and could not bleive that D* HR724 does not have it - I don't want to record everything, I just want to GO to what I want to watch when it comes on!

Is there a "WANT" list here that gets D8's attentionn?

I know exactly what auto tune is. My old DirecTV receivers had the feature and it worked quite well.
However, after the DVRs were introduced, having the ability to auto record shows was a step above auto tune.

What's the problem with recording a show? You can delete it after watching it, obviously.
I much prefer to have the ability of skipping through commercials.
I'll start a recording and when I get around to watch, which might be 15 minutes after the start, I can skip the ads and be done with a 1 hour show by the top of the next hour.

If you just want to have the DVR tune to a channel at some time, regardless of program, then you can still use a manual record setting.
A manual record doesn't "Auto Tune" it to what your recording.

And recording doesn't do any good if the receiver can't automaticly tune to what you just recorded for the younger people in the house.

When the Kids have a list of 30 minute shows they like on different channels, what good does it do to record them. You can't just add 3 shows to a list and let them autoplay.
Directv HR's are too Dumb to do that!

Bring that auto tune feature to the HR's. Maybe then you can run with the Big boys( the VIP's)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts