Help...getting refund!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpw_999

Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Hi guys. Long time DTV customer. Just had to cancel because I moved to NYC where I can't use a dish. I returned my equipment 3 months ago and still haven't seen a check for the refund I am due from the last bill. I've tried calling customer service about 10 times with no avail. They see the credit due and keep claiming that it's on the way. I've also been hung up on about 5 times. Very frustrating cause I've probably spent about 3-4 hours on the phone with them. Any advice would be welcome.

John

You might try emailing them through the Directv website. That way you have a record of your communications with them. It may not get your refund any faster, but at least you have the correspondence to refer them to.

Sadly, sending the request in writing with the tracking information may be best.

If after 3-4 weeks that doesn't help, you may want to let your credit card company handle it (assuming you paid via credit).

What is the refund you expect, for a charge for non-returned receivers or are you speaking of a prorated service credit?

Thanks for the replies. It's for prorated service. They overcharged me on the last bill and I'm owed about $156. Very frustrating. I sent them a message through the website and also disputed it through my CC company. Guess we'll see what happens. Had nothing but the best service from them for 10 years. This is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

I have cancelled Directv 3 times over the past several years. It takes a while, but I do eventually get a refund check several weeks later without having to call in.

A matter of fact I requested a credt ballance to stay on the account since I was planning on coming back and they sent the check anyways.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)