AutoHop Not Working

Rolan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
Western Arc
Hello,

For the last two days recorded events have not received their AutoHop marsupial. The last marsupial received was on June 5th (Sunday) for the 60 Minutes recording the week prior. That was expected since CBS takes 7 days. However, on June 6th (Monday) the American Ninja Warrior (NBC) recording and the June 7th (Tuesday) Holey Moley (ABC) recording both failed to receive their respective marsupials the next morning. Anyone else having an issue with AutoHop?

I can confirm that Autohop has stopped working since June 5th. Normally Autohop occurs the next day for my NBC and ABC channels but American Ninja Warrior on NBC June 6, Brave on ABC June 6, Weakest Link on NBC June 6, AGT on NBC June 7, Holey Miley on ABC June 7, The Chase on ABC June 7, Who Do You Believe on ABC June 7, and Dancing With Me on NBC June 7 all do not have Autohop.
I called Dish Technical Support and the agent was aware that Autohop had not occurred on NBC and ABC. He had no information but speculated that the networks are changing the delay time that Dish must use before enabling Autohop. If that is truly the case that is a shame.

• Sad
Reactions: Rolan and TheKrell
Autohop was one of two things that kept me from leaving for a cheaper streaming plan (other is option to record NEW episodes only). Removing features that have been available for years (along with the guide mistakes) makes me seriously rethink my options again.
Really hope that rep is wrong.

I can confirm that Autohop has stopped working since June 5th.
Thank you for the confirmation.

I called Dish Technical Support and the agent was aware that Autohop had not occurred on NBC and ABC.
I also called DISH, but my experience was different and consisted of a page out of the "Have you unplugged the receiver" script. In a subsequent call the CSR reported the issue.

He had no information but speculated that the networks are changing the delay time that Dish must use before enabling Autohop. If that is truly the case that is a shame.
That might happen in the future, but I doubt the network can arbitrarily change what's in the current contract.

Reactions: peggy97850
Autohop was one of two things that kept me from leaving for a cheaper streaming plan (other is option to record NEW episodes only). Removing features that have been available for years (along with the guide mistakes) makes me seriously rethink my options again.
I think a change like that would only create more H & D towards the network. It would not suddenly force the viewer to absorb the increased spittle that's spewed between programming who can simply skip it manually or the kind of viewer that can wait a week for AutoHop, and doesn't jones for the next episode, yesterday.

As a test, last night I set Chicago P.D. on NBC to record. By 5am this morning the recording hadn't received it's marsupial glyph, so I deleted the recording. Six hours later I was looking in the delete folder for something, when I noticed the marsupial glyph was now present. Restored the recording and AutoHop worked properly. I hope this is an indication that the issue is fixed.

It is interesting that ABC Chicago Fire and Chicago PD recorded yesterday both have Autohop but Chicago Med does not have Autohop. None of the NBC shows from yesterday have Autohop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)