Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL = Awesome!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there anything here you can get in the US on a UNIVERSAL LNB that you can't get on a standard LNB?

less than one handful of stations
one station on 53W
one station on 50W (duplicated on 97W)
Arabic station on 45W
handful on 34.5W if you can get that far east

The PLL321s is imported by a company that has been around for many more years than Satellite AV. Several of their products do boast BS specification claims, such as 0.1db NR on this LNBF, but Tim has a good reputation for products throughout the years. I highly respect Tim and his companies and realize that they just take a different approach to marketing their products.

It appeared that the post was a troll, but maybe the operator wasn't aware that he was comparing apples to oranges. Some users prefer Universal and others Standard and I can respect that.

Personally, I like that fact that the majority of services in North America are in the 11.7 to 12.2 KU band as we can optimize the standard LNBF's performance in this range! We will be posting a product comparison between the PLL321S-2, ESX521 and the SL1PLL later this afternoon.

$15 vs $17.... Unknown quality from a company ???? or Lifetime free replacement from a company we know and knows us?
something is wrong with that statement. 45 posts in almost 5 years, and this strong a statement? I probably am cynical but at my age that is what I chose to be.

I have to disagree the price difference is not $2!
Hypermegasat ships the PLL321S ($13.95) for FREE = $13.95
Satellite A/V ships the SL1PLL ($17) for $8.50 = $25.50

A price difference of $11.55

Hey, I didn't mean to start anything except say how awesome this PLL LNB is. I am a professional satellite installer. Not a retailer. I live on the west coast of canada - in a rain forest. We get 15 feet of rain every year. Rain fade is real. It is raining now. I am now getting Montana PBS perfectly. The Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL = Awesome!

Hypermegasat is a reseller of this DMSI product and is not the distributor. He has set his own sales price based on his bulk purchase and shipping costs.

Satellite AV is a wholesale distributor. Satellite AV sells products on our website at full retail (MSRP) plus shipping so not to compete with resellers. Resellers may set their own retail price on GEOSATpro products and often offer reduced or free shipping. Most GEOSATpro products are carried by multiple resellers and many offer free shipping. The SL1PLL is so new that dealers just started ordering last week. I would expect to see multiple sources of the SL1PLL then the market will decide the street cost of the product.

The warranty is on the product, so the lifetime warranty will be offered by all resellers.

Hey, I didn't mean to start anything except say how awesome this PLL LNB is. I am a professional satellite installer. Not a retailer. I live on the west coast of canada - in a rain forest. We get 15 feet of rain every year. Rain fade is real. It is raining now. I am now getting Montana PBS perfectly. The Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL = Awesome!

Not sure how many other distributors will be handing out compliments on competitor's products, but here we go ..... I am also impressed with the performance of the PLL321s in our tests. Good signals and flat response across the upper KU band. :D

I think $13.95 is too much. I have seen it cheaper less then $12.

Just wait till next week. I would be willing to bet you will see the sl1pll for under $14 shipped.

Yep I agree have seen the 321 less that 12 bucks....so don't get your panties in a wad....but even if you pay 15 bucks for it, it is a good LNBF....Same with the SL1PLL from Satelliteav both are very close and comparable......I know I have both.

Do one have to readjust the dish when you drop in the PLL321S-2? Dropped a new one on a Winegard 76cm pointed at AMC1 to test. No signal quality. Prior to that, had it almost perfect on to get all the feeds with the Invacom or Extreme II. Swapped with the PLL321S. Nothing. Also tried on a dish that was pointed at SES1. Nothing. Wondering from all those out there that swap LNBs, is dish adjustment necessary or am I missing something?

I mean look at my meager review only using 125W amc21....so close....but now on other birds that don't have so much problems...hmmm, I almost can't see a difference. Take 87W for example just finished going through that one with both.....guess what the numbers are almost Identical.

Do one have to readjust the dish when you drop in the PLL321S-2? Dropped a new one on a Winegard 76cm pointed at AMC1 to test. No signal quality. Prior to that, had it almost perfect on to get all the feeds with the Invacom or Extreme II. Swapped with the PLL321S. Nothing. Also tried on a dish that was pointed at SES1. Nothing. Wondering from all those out there that swap LNBs, is dish adjustment necessary or am I missing something?

Nope don't have to change or readjust the dish. Now you may have to change the settings in the receiver...ie: the SL1PLL from satav is a standard LNBF 10750....but the avenger 321 is a universal, so at minimum you would have to change the LO to 10600 and turn 22khz on.

The idea behind a phase lock loop is to make an unstable or noisy signal interpretable. That is what a PLL LNB does. It doesn't have magic gain for already strong signals. Glad I own one now.

Nope don't have to change or readjust the dish. Now you may have to change the settings in the receiver...ie: the SL1PLL from satav is a standard LNBF 10750....but the avenger 321 is a universal, so at minimum you would have to change the LO to 10600 and turn 22khz on.

Thanks so much! Made the changes and rescanned. Everything good.

I did not have any problem with what you said. I did have one question in my mind ..... What LNB did you take out that made this look so awesome? My thought ?? was it an old no name cheap lnb, or a newer good name one?

I appreciate well spoken opinions. I was objecting to a comment that sounded like a mud throwing "competitor" (who will remain un-named - 'cause I deliberately forgot it).

A PLL osc. will out perform a non-PLL osc. any day - except if noise becomes a problem - that is a given! Thanks for the post. POP

The 2 LNBs I was using before the PLL and the BSC621 installed were an ESX521 and a SatRadar both of which were high in the noise range.

I had no idea that this site was so critical of products other than its sponsors. Having said that, I still don't know if SatAV ships to Canada. Anyone know if they do?

pacificrim said:
I had no idea that this site was so critical of products other than its sponsors. Having said that, I still don't know if SatAV ships to Canada. Anyone know if they do?

Your off the mark. I talk about other gear all the time and they are not sponsors.

I had no idea that this site was so critical of products other than its sponsors.
ummm the only sponsor of FTA is SatelliteAV and if you notice we have plenty of reviews on other products here.
If you read my review of the MIcroHD as example I gave a honest review. I noted both the good and bad of the unit.
But I really dont see anywhere in the thread where people where "critical" of the product. In this thread most people mention this LNB and the SatAV one as workign great over their existing LNB's

Oh and by the way a former sponsor here (long story) when they introduced the original Sathawk (solomend/openbox) when they were a sponsor we ripped it apart when they first came out because it was bunk. took like 5 software upgrades to get even respectable.

Having said that, I still don't know if SatAV ships to Canada. Anyone know if they do?
yes they do

That's what I thought. That is until I ran into my house in delight about how well my new $15 PLL LNB worked, posted it here and riled your gold sponsor by saying what I bought, who I bought it from and how much I paid. I'll know better next time.

you didnt rile SatelliteAV. I guess you didnt read what he wrote

The PLL321s is imported by a company that has been around for many more years than Satellite AV. Several of their products do boast BS specification claims, such as 0.1db NR on this LNBF, but Tim has a good reputation for products throughout the years. I highly respect Tim and his companies and realize that they just take a different approach to marketing their products.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)