Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL = Awesome!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what I thought. That is until I ran into my house in delight about how well my new $15 PLL LNB worked, posted it here and riled your gold sponsor by saying what I bought, who I bought it from and how much I paid. I'll know better next time.

Post #23 defending the distributor of your purchase to other members and explaining the difference between a distributors MSRP and street value set by resellers is hardly getting me "riled". Members (myself included) promote products sold by non-supporting resellers all of the time. In fact, I purchase from Hypermegasat, Sadoun, WSI, DMSI and many others myself..... We often carry unique and niche products.

Please try to explain how post #27 complimenting the PLL321s was a "riled" response.... :D

Why do you keep flaming Satellite AV? :flame:

Please drop the drama...... :canada:

Last edited:
"Does SatelliteAV sell to Canada?" -- YES.

(WHY) Does SatelliteAV sell all his products at Suggested Retail Prices? He is an importer / broker / wholesaler who sells at retail, not wholesale, to retail customers so his distributors and dealer can make a profit. I signed up to be a dealer, but the state tax structure was such that it cost me money to sell and install the systems. My customers can buy the EQ. from him and even if I install it for free, I come out ahead. If I sold more, yes I could make a profit.

There are dealers and a distribution network in Canada that sells or will sell Geosat brand products. Brian has said that the warranty is on the product, not on his selling of it. I have not checked on the pallet prices of the microHD or the SL1 PLL LNB, and if I had I would not disclose it either, but if a dealer were to buy a significant quantity, he would not need to sell it for $15 to make a profit. Brian sells it at that price to protect his distribution network. Brian said "Tim" ~~ is a reputable person to buy from ~~ I do not even know who Tim is! But when I find out, I will consider purchasing from his company - on Brian's word!

I hope this is not considered off topic. I considered your excitement exactly that, and creditable. My remarks were my opinion of the quoted comment and HOW the comment was made - by someone with whom 'we' (yes, TTIMP) do not have a historical basis!

edit adding: Brian posted while I was typing, and, I think, said part of what I was trying to illustrate.
2nd edit. Thanks for posting the LNB's. Gives me more information to consider in future purchases!

Last edited:
Brian said "Tim" ~~ is a reputable person to buy from ~~ I do not even know who Tim is! But when I find out, I will consider purchasing from his company - on Brian's word!
Tim is Tim Heinrichs (probably misspelled it) from DMSI (dmsiusa dot com) based in Atlanta. They are a distributor and do not sell to end users (they sell to companies like the one in the original post) whereas Brian does both.

The receiver they market is the Traxis

Post #23 defending the distributor of your purchase to other members and explaining the difference between a distributors MSRP and street value set by resellers is hardly getting me "riled". Members (myself included) promote products sold by non-supporting resellers all of the time. In fact, I purchase from Hypermegasat, Sadoun, WSI, DMSI and many others myself..... We often carry unique and niche products.

Please try to explain how post #27 complimenting the PLL321s was a "riled" response.... :D

Why do you keep flaming Satellite AV? :flame:

Please drop the drama...... :canada:

No, Brian, you certainly weren't "riled". But the "flames" came out for Sathen when he made two observations (price and wider frequency range). And... Sathen is Banned????

No, Brian, you certainly weren't "riled". But the "flames" came out for Sathen when he made two observations (price and wider frequency range). And... Sathen is Banned????

He was banned for something unrelated.

Flaming staff or other members is not tolorated here.

No flames from me, Keith. I have no idea why the member was banned. It certainly had nothing to do with me!

Seriously???? You think that my explanation of wholesale -vs- resale pricing and universal -vs- standard was anything but educational? I complement a competitor and their product and somehow we are flaming.... For real???

The wider Universal frequency range means nothing as we purposefully developed and pay more for the product to be better suited for the North American market. Standard LNBFs outsell Universal LNBF types 200:1. To me, it is a no brainer decision to distribute Standard type LNBFs. Not to compete against GEOSATpro resellers by selling below msrp is also a no brainer......

Must be the high temperatures!, lol
I envy that guy that gets 15 feet of rain a year, though. Could have an awesome garden with just a fraction of that!

No flames from me, Keith. I have no idea why the member was banned. It certainly had nothing to do with me!

Seriously???? You think that my explanation of wholesale -vs- resale pricing and universal -vs- standard was anything but educational? I complement a competitor and their product and somehow we are flaming.... For real???

The wider Universal frequency range means nothing as we purposefully developed and pay more for the product to be better suited for the North American market. Standard LNBFs outsell Universal LNBF types 200:1. To me, it is a no brainer decision to distribute Standard type LNBFs. Not to compete against GEOSATpro resellers by selling below msrp is also a no brainer......

As I said, you certainly weren't "riled", your explanations were informative, and I commend you for your policy of not selling below msrp so as not to compete against your resellers. I never said you did any of the flaming or derogatory remarks aimed at Sathen's observations. (EDIT: Well, you did say you thought his post was a troll).

Last edited:
I bought one of these - not impressed. First thing that happened was I lost RTV etc. on 83W - just changed back to the old DMX521 and they came back - no change in dish position. I did try moving the Avenger in and out in the clamp - no difference. I also lost some of the other channels I like - Russia Today and Al Jazeera English on 97W for instance - yet the other channels on 97W are fine. And yes I did change the LO setting to Universal 9750-10600. I'm using a MicroHD receiver. Any suggestions? Right now I'm using the multi satellite scan function to rescan all the satellites I can see from here - nice to have the ability to let it scan while I do other things.

I think $13.95 is too much. I have seen it cheaper less then $12.

Just wait till next week. I would be willing to bet you will see the sl1pll for under $14 shipped.

Too funny! I remember paying well over $125 for a quality LNB back in the 80's and now you can get one for under $15.

If you are correct, I'll be sure to purchase one or two SL1PLL's as well.

I bought one of these - not impressed. First thing that happened was I lost RTV etc. on 83W - just changed back to the old DMX521 and they came back - no change in dish position. I did try moving the Avenger in and out in the clamp - no difference. I also lost some of the other channels I like - Russia Today and Al Jazeera English on 97W for instance - yet the other channels on 97W are fine. And yes I did change the LO setting to Universal 9750-10600. I'm using a MicroHD receiver. Any suggestions? Right now I'm using the multi satellite scan function to rescan all the satellites I can see from here - nice to have the ability to let it scan while I do other things.

Set it to 10600, and turn 22K ON

Since you are already re-scanning, it will confirm (or not!) my first thought, and that was your original LNB may have had a bit of frequency shift, enough that some channels wouldn't lock in with the new LNB.

Still no joy - tried setting to 10600 and turning 22khz on - no difference - still don't see the 83W channels show up. Tried other combinations also - including the one that should work with this LNBF - Universal 9750/10600 which causes the MicroHD to set the 22khz to "Auto" and gray it out. Changed back to the 521 and back they came - maybe I just got a bad LNBF - rare these days but it does happen that a piece of electronic gear escapes the factory with a defect. Hardly seems worth the effort to send back a $14 item on a warranty claim - maybe I'll just order the SatAV PL LNBF.

John you're not the only one. I was switching out my old Sadoun .4 dual that has been up for 6+ years now for this one. I got one from a member here. Wanted to see how it worked before I put up the SatelliteAv one I won.

Not impressed at all.
Some of the strong signals stayed about the same like the ABC mux on 91W (the feeds), VA channel on 123, Cubana De Televisa on 97W (and Doc Scott) and the DVB PBS stuff
HOWEVER
the NBC mux on 103 that I can get with the wrong skew (11760) went from 67 to 0
RTV was no where to be found either...and it was there 10 minutes earlier
Azteca Trece went from 65 to 0 too
PBS DVB-S2 mux went down from 74 to 70

and yes I switched it to 9750/10600

I took it off and put up the Sadoun one again for now until tomorrow when I put up the SatelliteAv one to try

Huh, I installed one of these a week ago on my motorized $50 3ABN dish, and it's working perfectly from 61w to 111.1w at 10600 with 22k ON.

I have to say though that the best one I've used yet is my ESX521FE lnb. I think it blows all the rest out of the water.

Last edited:
I have to say though that the best one I've used yet is my ESX521FE lnb. I think it blows all the rest out of the water.

Which is odd as it has underperformed on our LNBF Comparison tests. The high amplification decreases the SNR to a point that it makes it deaf on weaker signals. The 522 is a much better performer in my humble opinion.

Which is odd as it has underperformed on our LNBF Comparison tests. The high amplification decreases the SNR to a point that it makes it deaf on weaker signals. The 522 is a much better performer in my humble opinion.

Well, see, since winning the microHD receiver, I've had to spend some money to put my old KU dormant system all back together after not doing anything with it for like 5 years. So, I don't yet know what's "normal" as I've had to relearn everything in 4 weeks (and figure out new stuff I never knew). Still, the ESX521FE lnb (which is one of about 5 different ones I've tried) does work the best for me.
:)

Huh, I installed one of these a week ago on my motorized $50 3ABN dish, and it's working perfectly from 61w to 111.1w at 10600 with 22k ON.

I dont know but results on the screen dont lie. The NBC mux (11760) as example was at 67 on the Sadoun dual, 0 on this one and 70 on the SatelliteAV PLL
In fact on 103W with the off skew (set at 0 instead of what it should be) resulted nothing on the H side with this LNB. The Sadoun dual resulted with 4 transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.