Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

ryanvan said:
WOW...seems like my 622 is REALLY hot to the touch.

Here are the counters:

High: 138 degrees
Low: 80 degrees
Ave: 127 degrees

What is the benchmark?

Is it hurting anything it being so hot...I mean it feels so hot I can hardly put my hand on it.

Any thoughts?

Do yourself a favor, get a laptop cooling fan and set it underneath the unit. Uses USB port on back of 622 and works great.

Brian

I had lots of pixelization and random reboots the first couple of weeks but it's solid as a rock now. Could be the couple of software updates since then, could be the cooler temperature, who knows?

i am shocked at how high of temp these vip622's run at. my computers run so much cooler. i have mine right in frunt of the a/c vent at 60low/75avg/90high.

My new 622 is overheating.

I had my 622 installed today. Within 1 hour of viewing it shut down with a temperature of 145 degrees. I have it in an enclosed cabinet. I think a big part of the problem is that it shares the cabinet with a Harman Kardon receiver which is know to regularly operate at extremely high temperatures. I'll try that chill mat thing and raising it, but if that does not work I dont know where I'm going to put this thing. It really kind of ruined the whole mood and excitement of getting my dish all set up after not having TV for over a month.:(

Is there any end-all way of stopping this from happening while keeping all of my components in their cabinet?

G-force said:
...Is there any end-all way of stopping this from happening while keeping all of my components in their cabinet?
No doubt heat management is a challenge with the 622. One good thing, you can relocate it and still have full functionality. The 622 doesn't even have to be in the same room, which gives you many options! Spool back a bit in this thread to see what others have done...

Thats it exactly. That disk should not have to run 24/7. I got that laptop fan under mine and the room is fairly cool with a ceiling fan running constantly. The 622 is wide open all around and the avg. temp is still at 109º. It did drop from 120º though.

I had my 622 installed today. Within 1 hour of viewing it shut down with a temperature of 145 degrees. I have it in an enclosed cabinet. I think a big part of the problem is that it shares the cabinet with a Harman Kardon receiver which is know to regularly operate at extremely high temperatures. I'll try that chill mat thing and raising it, but if that does not work I dont know where I'm going to put this thing. It really kind of ruined the whole mood and excitement of getting my dish all set up after not having TV for over a month.:(

Is there any end-all way of stopping this from happening while keeping all of my components in their cabinet?
Put a little fan in the cabinet and open the back.

move and cool

Move the receiver away from the home theater receiver and put some fans in the cabinet then vent those out of the cabinet to cool things down. If you don't do this and keep both units running that hot all the time it will shorten the life of both of the units a lot.

Need advice on HD/ Hopper or something

Test RG6 for 3000Mhz using purchased Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)