avi video

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Is it normal for avi files to play with pauses in the video?

I don't see any pauses with my Elite. The AVI files I"m playing are SD files that I'm playing through my LAN via the file manager. Works fine.

I transferred the files to my external passport hard drive before playing. They're SD quality. Every one pauses at 10 second intervals for a couple of seconds.

I transferred the files to my external passport hard drive before playing. They're SD quality. Every one pauses at 10 second intervals for a couple of seconds.
I'm not sure about the source of my current group of AVI files. They were a group of files of some old 60s & 70s TV shows that were given to me. Not sure where they came from, but they play great on the Azbox.
My only other experience with AVI files was with files that came from a digital video camera. I never tried to play those on the Azbox, but I seem to remember that they did some strange things when played via different methods. I seem to remember concluding that the problem had something to do with the audio sync, because I think on one file the video stopped playing, but the audio kept playing (it was WAY out of sync, and apparently the video was waiting for the audio to catch up or something). On other players, they played fine. Anyway, I think that not all AVI files are the same, and some players play some but not others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)