Azbox HD Premium Plus

Correct B.J. that is what I was trying to say and failed at :)

I have not tried the S2 feeds.

I have static dishes and do not move them around much short of installing a new one for another sat.

Correct B.J. that is what I was trying to say and failed at :)

I have not tried the S2 feeds.

I have static dishes and do not move them around much short of installing a new one for another sat.

I think your post was more accurate than mine. I put the wrong sat for the S2 transponder (AMC3, not AMC28, which doesn't even exist). It won't let me edit it now.

Last edited:
My Premium Plus came with 0.9.4001. In North America is there an updated firmware that anybody is using that has any improvement. Such as, faster blind scan? And, I have read that some of the updates have disturbed the go go list, and other things? Has anybody been able to get on the Internet, and use the Browser function? Is there a capability of using the keyboard to navigate thru the web browser? Has anybody installed any Plugins? Is there a manual to explain the multicas (sp)? ? ? Has anybody used the Premium Plus for IPTV?
From my understanding there are numerous functions that are available with the Azbox HD Premium Plus, and they are legal, e.g., the RSS capabilities, and Web Browser, etc. It is difficult to connect thru my router; therefore, I am going to hard wire thru a cat 5 ethernet cable. Is there an advantage to using the WiFi over the hard wire?
There are numerous inquiries in this reply; therefore, I appreciate all assistance, and consideration in this.
Thanks!

Last night I hard wired the stb, after having done this some time ago, and was unable to receive anything on youtube. It simply said, 'no videos available'. In the past I was able to receive youtube. Is there something wrong with my stb, or possibly the firmware, that, I am using?

Last night I hard wired the stb, after having done this some time ago, and was unable to receive anything on youtube. It simply said, 'no videos available'. In the past I was able to receive youtube. Is there something wrong with my stb, or possibly the firmware, that, I am using?

Did you do a firmware upgrade? I have only updated my firmware once (thanks to Lak & Stogie for getting me through that operation), I think I am running 3505 now, and I noticed after I did that fw upgrade I lost my YouTube capability.

I believe I have read that some of the later fw versions have this same glitch (no YouTube), that might be your issue.

I was considering this ird but with all the issues, I think I'll stick it out and stay with my Panny 9200 HD with the S2 Plus card. I can't decode the 4:2:2 feeds but it seems people are still having problems with that feature anyway...as well with lengthy blind scasn, sensitivity issues, issues with the IPTV feature and other I-Net features.

Any One blind scanning correctly on AZ PP ??

I ordered my Premium Plus about the same time as some of you here..
The reason I bought it and put the Premium on the shelf was for the blind scan feature..
However, as noted above on many posts, it does not work correctly.
I have tried everything from changing the scan setup to 10KHz and running it in all possible modes, and it will not blind scan correctly...Leaving out and missing TP's that I can get using an old Sonicview 4000 for quick scanning to tune up Sats.
I have not had the power supply problems that some have had yet.
I can get the AZBOX to receive the TP's I want in manual setup only, and that setup has to be done to the T...
Also the advice here on deleting close TP's is a very good way to go about it...i delete all the TP's on the box on all sats, and then have started in putting TP and scan info on TP at a time...So I should be finished by 2012 just in time for the end of the world.....
I don't know, I don't like the Pansat 9200 HD as it runs hot, and glitches continuosly, however I have found that eliminating all TP info and deleting all of the stuff not needed has helped it.
BUT... Still there is not a reliable receiver out there for blind scanning 4:2:2 and DVBs2.
I think AZBOX scammed us with the blind scan deal, and they are not even testing this gear before they sell it...
So don't do what i did, and believe the manufacturer and buy the thing untill someone has reported on the issues at hand..
I like the AZBOX PP but it is not blind scanning...
AZBOX needs to fix this issue and offer some software or something to get this receiver rolling.
Is there any one out there that has worked out these blind scan issues???
My latest effort is scanning across the band from 3000MHZ to 4200MGHz in 10 Mghz increments... the scan was started over 2 hours ago and I am at 35% finished...
but I am not getting it to lock in on TP's that I get on the 9200 and on other cheaper receivers..
Any one hitting with this receiver??

Yep, yep, mine went on for 2 days and still not done when I first got it. Use the CS to feed the Az now until this get fixed in due time, I hope!

Whew! Much to contend with! On another site there [Ricks] is information beginning to develop about using the keyboard. It appears that this is only one of the functions that is awesome! Looking back on the issues with the Azbox Premium Plus has me recalling the days of the CB radio. Specifically, the Browning Golden Eagle Mark IV. It caused the Browning to go broke! ! ! The Premium Plus is a receiver for the money it cost, that, the manufacturer will undoubtedly not allow a few glitches to cause it to bankrupt the company.

C/P from Rick's...........good news, fixes coming for Azbox Premium+

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is happening. OPEN SAT has come through with VERY POSITIVE RESULTS.

The new early stage TEST ONLY Development Software now appears to be able to play all of the same feeds as the Elite and the Premium.

This includes:

CBS 4:2:2 S2 8PSK HD
ABC 4:2:0 & 4:2:2 S2 8PSK HD
NBC 4:2:0 S2 8PSK HD
RTV on AMC 3 - 4:2:0 S2 8PSK SD

Please do not ask for the software as it is not ready for release yet, but it will likely not be very long now.

I am just excited to be able to release this information on this forum. Spread the word and tell them where you heard about it!

I will still have to test with the ULTRA and Yes, if it works, then I will certainly be selling the Ultra receivers as well. Please don't ask for price yet, as there is still more testing to go and also have to see if the same software will work in the Elite and the Premium. Still more testing to do for sure, but wow, what a step in the right direction for the Hobbyist's in North America and the rest of the World.

YAHOO & THANKS OPEN SAT!

this would be great news. hopefully whatever firmware fix was used for the premium + will apply to the ultra

With the Azbox being open source, i.e., linux based, I have no doubt that the manufacturer will prevail in supporting/developing the ultimate receiver. On this site, and numerous others, I have posted several issues that I was having with the Azbox Premium Plus; howver, I have always stated, that, 'I love my STB'! ! !

I have a question if you said you got the software and it finally work right, that would be a beta copy correct? So why NOT SHARE IT for all of us who have been waiting for it like you. Beta software was meant to be tested.

Remember you could leave a discloser that you are not responsible any damage but I think that would be a good idea for all of us who have been
waiting for this fix

I have a question if you said you got the software and it finally work right, that would be a beta copy correct? So why NOT SHARE IT for all of us who have been waiting for it like you. Beta software was meant to be tested.

Remember you could leave a discloser that you are not responsible any damage but I think that would be a good idea for all of us who have been
waiting for this fix

"He" does not have the software. He is reporting what Rick said a day or two ago on that site.

Latest Firmware

After installing the latest firmware last night:
1.) The blind scan hardware does not seem to be improved any. Specifically, it still took approximately (40) forty minutes to blind scan in 83 degrees west.
2.) The scan still did not bring in RTN.
3.) The Internet television still did not work. The keyboard/mouse combo still did not bring 'any' Internet television.

My old Coolsat 6000 had no problem with the RTN!

After installing the latest firmware last night:
1.) The blind scan hardware does not seem to be improved any. Specifically, it still took approximately (40) forty minutes to blind scan in 83 degrees west.
2.) The scan still did not bring in RTN.
3.) The Internet television still did not work. The keyboard/mouse combo still did not bring 'any' Internet television.

My old Coolsat 6000 had no problem with the RTN!

The blindscan feature on the Azbox is software based, just like in Viewsat MaxHD. I cannot get any faster. Hardware based blindscans like in the pansat 9200HD or Coolsat 5000 are alot faster.

The latest Premium + and Ultra models both have h/w blindscan, the fw needs a lot of tweaking to get in sync. Still buggy but getting better and cannot be compared with VS MaxHD which can't do half of what the Az can!

Azbox still buggy, but, I love it! I have a Coolsat 6000 sitting beside of it. I do not have it plugged up. It was a wonderful box. It never could be compared to the Azbox which is Linux based. I am still not able to watch Internet television.

(Posted previously in another thread, too) I joined the AzBox facebook page and now I leave sarcastic comments about their firmware all the time. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)