AZBOX AzBox ME Remote Issues

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I have noticed recently that the "Power" and "Exit" Buttons have not been responding properly unless I apply real pressure on either one to work. Anyone experienced this and how do you fix this, short of buying a new remote control? I have changed batteries, but to no avail. When I open the battery compartment I see two buttons. What are those for?

This is a small manual to explain how to program the TV button that incorporates our remote control Me.

1 - In the back of the remote control I (area where the battery is housed) will see a lever with 3 positions and a button. Well click on the button for 3 seconds, the red LED on button (power) of the control I will stay on steady.

2 - Press the TV button on the remote (look at the photo) and the light will flash.

3 - Press the power button (power) of the original TV remote, and a signal is sent to the control distance of me. When you see me in the command of the LED flashes 3 times then the remote controller has been programmed successfully, but Try again.

Thanks guys, but any takes on how to fix the non-responsive buttons?

Last edited:
It sounds like the button contacts are dirty internally. If you can take it apart, inside, on the backside of the button pad are black contacts. Clean them with a pink eraser and clean the matching contacts on the circuit board, that should take care of it.

It can happen from something being spilled on it, or just from the buttons being used a lot.

I opened the cover, and cleaned off what looks like some kind of oil on the pad. Both "Power" and "Exit" buttons are working flawlessly now!! Thanks all for your help!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)