AZBOX miniMe ?

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I had quite a time trying to get the miniMe to operate my 2 port disqc switch. I found a setting in the manual transponder menu "use NIT" set on, I changed it to off just by chance and it fixed the switching. What is NIT for?

Thanks for the info. Doesn't make sense that the miniMe touted as custom tailored for North America would have a feature that doesn't work here and screws up other functions of the receiver.

I keep waiting for a reason to buy an AZ mini me but I have not found one yet!..Tailored for NA! Really?..Still not completely satisfied with answers I received in the thread I started here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/328444-AZ-mini-Me-questions/page2

No clue if it will record and playback what I questioned on G28 and G19 with a SR of 29860 and FEC of 9/10....Was poking around and I found a claim by Dr Sat on his ebay auction for a mini me and in that auction he--Dr Sat--pwrsurge claims the mini me will do H:264 4:2:2..Now that is not true from everything I have read!..

Think I am going to pass on a mini me and hope to find a me somewhere.

I keep waiting for a reason to buy an AZ mini me but I have not found one yet!..Tailored for NA! Really?..Still not completely satisfied with answers I received in the thread I started here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/328444-AZ-mini-Me-questions/page2

No clue if it will record and playback what I questioned on G28 and G19 with a SR of 29860 and FEC of 9/10....Was poking around and I found a claim by Dr Sat on his ebay auction for a mini me and in that auction he--Dr Sat--pwrsurge claims the mini me will do H:264 4:2:2..Now that is not true from everything I have read!..

Think I am going to pass on a mini me and hope to find a me somewhere.
Simple don't buy one .I have one and don't deserv the $225 canad

Thanks for the info. Doesn't make sense that the miniMe touted as custom tailored for North America would have a feature that doesn't work here and screws up other functions of the receiver.

NIT stands for Network Information Table which is essentially a list of other transponders associated with the same uplink provider contained in the transponder's data stream. The idea is to allow providers using multiple transponders the ability to add or modify transponder parameters automatically during a scan. With the NIT option enabled, the receiver will add any transponders it finds to the satellite's transponder list if they are not already there and scan them towards the end of the scan. This feature is often called "Network search" on other receivers such as the older AzBox HD models. As stated by others, NIT is relatively useless when scanning FTA channels here in North America as very few transponders make use of NIT. Also, the NIT on some of the transponders on 97W contains 1 or 2 invalid transponders which further decreases its usefulness in this market.

Scanning with Use NIT on or off should not impact the switching functionality of the receiver as the option is only used during the scan. The only difference when scanning with this feature on is that it may make the scan take longer to complete In automatic satellite scan, this option is turned on by default after a factory reset but in the upcoming 1.84 firmware update, this has been changed to being off by default. Regardless of this, this setting always default to the setting used in the last scan so once you scan once with NIT off, it should stay that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)