AzBox New Firmware FW: 0.9.5305 out now.

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
fixed youtube:

So far only OpenSat and Canadian sites have the new firmware out:

Remember to check your downloaded file before trying to install it to make sure you downloaded the full file and not just a partial of the file.

OpenSat : Mirror site : AZBox Snapshots

Russian : Direct Download site: Index of /fw/

Canadian : North American Direct Download site: AZBox Snapshots

Netherlands : Direct Download site : Azbox Snapshot

Remember that the Newer Maz Editors if you have the updates enabled will also allow you to download the firmware upgrade to your computer.

This gives you 5 different places to download your firmware updates for the Azbox.

OpenSat is usually the first place to have the update out. The others sites are updated with the new firmware in a day or two.

Seems they're getting back into that old habit again, ie, keep dumping crap firmware every other day that fixes one thing and screws up 5 others. Been there, done that one! 5020 has been pretty good for me so I think I'll just hang with it for a while yet especially since I don't use the YouTube crap anyway. The more things change, the more they stay the same! ;-)

Seems they're getting back into that old habit again, ie, keep dumping crap firmware every other day that fixes one thing and screws up 5 others. Been there, done that one! 5020 has been pretty good for me so I think I'll just hang with it for a while yet especially since I don't use the YouTube crap anyway. The more things change, the more they stay the same! ;-)

Huh? They have been steadily working on certain parts to improve the playback ability of certain feeds. It has been reported by many others that several high bit-rate fees are no longer breaking up for people. Maybe not all of them but at least some. This is better than nothing at all.
As for the you-tube, that was not their problem, they do not control when you-tube makes a change that renders that particular fix unusable.
Version 0.9.5304 was a good version except the you tube part that happened the day of it's release. The company is being responsive and taking the steps to listen and work on areas it can get done at this time.
The firmware was not crap and did not screw up 5 other things.
(if it did I would be one of the first out there yelling that it did.)

Lone Gunman,

May I throw a bucket of refreshing, ice cold water your way? LOL :) I need you, and everyone, to remember that these firmware files are issued (unofficially) for experimentors to play with. They do not yet have the officical endorsement of the Opensat company - they are beta files for testing purposes only. These firmware files are released for us to play with if we feel giddy. The evaluations from those of us who test these firmware releases are used to develope the official firmware releases. They use the field testers responses to debug these versions before they become official releases.

Lone Gunman, I apologize for using you as an example here... I think that many people have forgotten (or maybe they never knew) about this aspect regarding the "snapshot firmware releases". You have probably done a great service to many new AZBox owners, and some old ones too, by bringing the subject to the foreground.

Please, everyone who dabbles with the firmware releases for the AZBox, remember that there is a difference between the "snapshot releases" and the "official firmware releases". You cannot complain about the "snapshot releases" if they do not work properly. They are NOT gauranteed. They are for testing and research purposes ONLY.

RADAR

Actually it wasn't azbox's fault this time as YouTube changed something on their end.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

Actually it wasn't azbox's fault this time as YouTube changed something on their end.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

You are correct on that Scott. But, it is still important that everyone realizes the difference between the daily snapshot firmware releases and the "OFFICIAL CONDONED RELEASES" from OpenBox. Many folks are mistakenly considering the "snapshot" releases as gospel and they are absolutely not intended to be so. We must clear that confusion up for everyone.

RADAR

I have a rhetorical question. While everyone can see the disclaimer listed for snapshot firmware revisions, does official non-beta software for the AZbox even exist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)