AZbox Ultra and Premium Plus blindscan issue

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I thought I would post an interesting discovery I made last night. If the Ultra (and this is probably true of the Premium Plus) has a transponder already saved with a frequency close to an active transponder (say within 3 mhz or so) that you are currently blind scanning, it will think this is the same transponder, and indicate it has logged an old transponder and when the scan is complete it will try to lock using the old settings.

I notice this because I was trying to blind scan a known live dvb-s2 feed, but I unknowingly had a dvb-s transponder with the same Freq and Polarity, but different SR and it would scan using the old saved settings. Even though the SR was completely different. If I deleted the transponder it would find the new active dvb-s2 and correctly save the info and scan in the channels.

I am using firmware azbox-0.9.4754

Just did. I had to re-register with there forum, since they changed their website. I hope they listen. I really like the Ultra, but it has a few bugs.

Just did. I had to re-register with there forum, since they changed their website. I hope they listen. I really like the Ultra, but it has a few bugs.

The Ultra has a lot of potential but you're correct about the bugs which curretnly make it somewhat crippled compared to the Elite and Premium for many feeds. I also noticed that all of the old forum posts were completely eliminated with their new website which is unfortunate as there were some good suggestions by end users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts