Baby First?

DaveyBoy26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Indianapolis
The last time I checked, Baby First TV was an a la carte channel 126, I believe. I don't subcribe to it, but am sitting here staring at a program trying to put my imaginary baby into sleepy time. Is this a free preview or a mistake? If it was a preview, seems like it would be in Dish's free preview suite. FYI parents- a teaspoon of Nyquil will have the same effect.:up

i have never seen dish have a free preview on its actual channel like with this preview. i thought they just did it between channels 280-298?

The Baby Channel.

This has got to be the most ridiculous channel out there. I have a baby (and with 3 kids that are 3 and under, I have had a baby in the house everyday for the past 3+ years). I have never even considered parking one of our infants infront of the TV. Sure we had some Baby Einstein DVDs, but a full time channel? Damn!, Thats just wack!

I have a 13 month old and we thought we would try it for one month. See if we could DVR a few good programs she might watch while we were getting ready in the morning and little stuff like that. Thought it might save on buying Elmo DVD's and Baby Einstein. The simple answer is, it doesn't. There wasn't on show on that channel that would keep our daughters attention for even 5 minutes.

The only benefit, you can't sleep...turn that channel on at like 10pm. That lullaby stuff will knock anyone out!

What exactly is "freeview"? Is that different from preview? And how long is this freeview expected to last, or does anyone know?

(I have a 1 year old, and a 3 year old, and they do like the channel.)

-Norm

And how long is this freeview expected to last, or does anyone know?
It was scheduled for Mar 10, 11, and 12th. So record NOW or it'll be off again.

BTW - my 2.5yo thinks some Baby 1st programs are fine, while others don't hold her attention at all. Before I knew about this "freeview", I subscribed for a couple of weeks and recorded another 20 or so hours to go along with the "freeview" they ran for weeks when the channel first came to Dish. Needless to say, having P3.65 on my 501 made me rip these off immediately before Dish could erase them for me. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)