Bah Humbug Sirius :(

OK, so what are you saying? Is there still a Pandora app and does it have more channels that SiriusXM Platinum?
Its integrated..you should be able to create a station based on a artist with your platinum plan...nice little work around for that station you are missing

Its integrated..you should be able to create a station based on a artist with your platinum plan...nice little work around for that station you are missing
Oh! So you were replying to DWS44. I saw you quoted me for some reason, which was very confusing. I already stated above that I still had the Holly channel on my Echoes. DWS44 has the Mostly Music package.

Oh! So you were replying to DWS44. I saw you quoted me for some reason, which was very confusing. I already stated above that I still had the Holly channel on my Echoes. DWS44 has the Mostly Music package.
Didn't you lose you new age lava lounge channel?

Could you explain that a tad more? Her sub is for where exactly? Some vehicle other than the Escape? And this allows you to stream through your phone? (I think my sub does this, but as I said above, I don't use the SiriusXM app.)
Mrs. Foxbat has a 2018 Buick with the SiriusXM subscription. I have the SiriusXM App on my phone and so I can stream SiriusXM to my car’s audio system with better fidelity than what I would get if we paid for two vehicles.

I also tied her account to the home HEOS account so we have access to the SiriusXM streams through our Denon AVR and Home 150 smart speakers.

Didn't you lose you new age lava lounge channel?
I know of no such channel. Are you referring to the Spa channel? I never lost that except temporarily (3 months?) when they replaced it with the boring Calm channel.

I know of no such channel. Are you referring to the Spa channel? I never lost that except temporarily (3 months?) when they replaced it with the boring Calm channel.
Thats the one
If you lose it again..simply create a channel based on a artist on that channel

If you lose it again..simply create a channel based on a artist on that channel
Interesting concept. So, if SiriusXM swaps out the Spa channel for the sleep-inducing Calm channel again, I can still get to the Spa channel via streaming?

I just Increased my mobile data plan, Today, my renewal notice for SXM came in, they're trying to charge me regular $23/month rate.

I think it's time to not renew anymore. Just not worth it when I can get a better variety of music and not the same repetatitive crap they're playing now, there were a lot of songs and artist I used to like but with SXM I hear the same music from same artist just about everyday. Goodbye SiriusXM.

Just not worth it when I can get a better variety of music and not the same repetatitive crap they're playing now, there were a lot of songs and artist I used to like but with SXM I hear the same music from same artist just about everyday. Goodbye SiriusXM.
There are at least 150 different channels. Are none to your liking? :(

My problem is different; I only listen to one channel! Fortunately, Spa is not repetitive. Their playlist period (before repetition) has got to be hours if not days. They do (did?) require negotiation to get their best deal. I just tell them I listen to only one channel, so more than $5/mo is not worth it.

That thought never occurred to me because I subscribe via my car radio. I suppose streaming quality is better, so that could be one reason.

If you only subscribe to one stream, it would be interesting to know what other devices, besides Echoes, allow multiple streams. Can you stream to multiple PC's or in your case multiple phones? I doubt that. Amazon may have an agreement with SiriusXM that allows all Echoes on one account, e.g. to enable their "play everywhere" command.

Does anybody else with a streaming sub have any other smart speaker they can try?
They don't offer more than 1 stream at a time that I know of ....
The way I get around it is when the 2nd stream comes on (it happens if someone at home turns it on and I have it on at work as well) I just tell it to turn back on and it will stream both.

• Love
Reactions: TheKrell
TheKrell, have you tried Amazon Prime Music? I assume that you are a Prime Member given you have Echoes. Prime Music has a Spa radio channel which has a pretty comparable collection of ambient instrumentals.

TheKrell, have you tried Amazon Prime Music? I assume that you are a Prime Member given you have Echoes. Prime Music has a Spa radio channel which has a pretty comparable collection of ambient instrumentals.
Yes, I am a Prime member and yes I do occasionally listen to something on Prime Music. But I do not subscribe to Prime Music Unlimited, so I get to "enjoy" their commercials. :(

My Echoes sometimes accidentally give me the Spa channel on Amazon. But I do not agree that this is comparable to the Spa channel on SiriusXM. Spa on Amazon I would indeed call "ambient", which to me is sleep-inducing! New Age music is supposed to be appropriate as a primary activity. Not background music. Not ambient. Not "elevator music". And definitely not sleep inducing!

Yes, I am a Prime member and yes I do occasionally listen to something on Prime Music. But I do not subscribe to Prime Music Unlimited, so I get to "enjoy" their commercials. :(
I don’t have Unlimited, just the entry-level Prime subscription. I can’t recall hearing commercials on the Prime Radio Channels. Nothing like Pandora. And it has never announced itself like SiriusXM does twice a hour. I wonder if that’s because I’m using the HEOS system to play the stream?
New Age music is supposed to be appropriate as a primary activity. Not background music. Not ambient. Not "elevator music". And definitely not sleep inducing!
Welp! Guilty as charged, it’s what I play at night to help me go to sleep! If I’m driving I’m listening to Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, Deep Tracks, or some similar 70s / 80s mix.

Been a Sirius subscriber for nearly 20 years now and generally been happy with the service over the years. I'm not even one to b!tch too much over the price, and defended their worth even while so many folks extoll the virtues of the other streaming music services. That said, they pissed me off last two days. SiriusXM Holly has always been one of my favorite holiday stations. It came on all my radios on channel 105 this year and has been working fine since they turned it on. Well, yesterday, I couldn't get the channel in my Dad's Cadillac while I was out with him (he's been a subscriber even longer than me). I didn't have time to putz with it, though. Today, I get in my vehicle, and I don't have it either. Apparently they have decided mid-season to remove the channel from the "Mostly Music" package that we subscribe to.

If you aren't going to offer a channel, that's one thing, but to turn ON your most popular Christmas channel (like you have for the past however many years), then arbitrarily turn it back off from a particular package two weeks before Christmas...that's just a pure d!ck move, IMO. :mad:

Holly was in free service that came to an end. The SiriusXM site shows Holly is not available in the Music Showcase package. (Formally Mostly Music)

• Sad
We just found Holly in the channel list. 105? How does that align?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)