Baltimore Fox 45 Audio Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccmdguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Maryland
Anyone else in the Baltimore area having audio issues with national feeds on WBFF Fox 45? The audio cuts in and out so badly it is completely unwatchable. Dish or local channel issue? It was happening last week too. Sent message to station but no response.

Contacted both Dish and the station. Dish CSR has supposedly reported it to tech support. Station says "sound is fine on our end and only Dish customers are complaining so it must be a Dish issue.". Here we go...watching NASCAR in closed captioning. My wife couldn't be happier!

It is definitely a Dish problem - audio breaking up badly. If I bypass my dish feed and switch to a direct OTA feed into my TV, I have no audio problem. This has been going on for me for a couple of weeks. My wife loves American Idol, but she didn't like it the last couple of weeks, sounds terrible, and I can't record OTA.

It is definitely a Dish problem - audio breaking up badly. If I bypass my dish feed and switch to a direct OTA feed into my TV, I have no audio problem. This has been going on for me for a couple of weeks. My wife loves American Idol, but she didn't like it the last couple of weeks, sounds terrible, and I can't record OTA.
Same issue. It sucks. Daytona was same sound issues. Did notice that local ads sometimes sound okay. Dish has got to fix it

It is HORRIBLE drops in and out every second!! Freaking ridiculous that pay for this trite! Boo on you DISH

Jim5506 said:
Dishquality@echostar.com

Thanks. I did send them an email and just got a response tonight that they think they have a temporary fix and are working on a permanent one. Checked the channel a few minutes ago and it seemed OK - for now at least. But thanks for the reminder about that email address.

Well the problem still exists....tried watching American Idol tonight and it was again constantly cutting in and out. It seemed fine last night. Sent a response to dishquality.

As my wife pointed out angrily last night WTF? The commercials are ok but NOT American idol!?!? She was quite ticked! As we know an unhappy wife..... Please freaking fix this!!!!!

Well the problem still exists....tried watching American Idol tonight and it was again constantly cutting in and out. It seemed fine last night. Sent a response to dishquality.

This has been going on for weeks now. We do not watch Fox all that often, except for Nascar, or when someone says you have to see so and so on Idol. So, last Sunday, I sat with the Nascar race on mute and called CSR at Dish. After one hour of do this, do that, even after telling them that it is ONLY that channel so it is NOT my receiver, I get transferred to a more qualified tech. After another 45 minutes of back and forth (mostly on hold) he tells me there is a problem with Fox's audio on Dish. No crap genious!!! But, then he tells me it is NOT on their end, it is Fox.

I have had Dish for 9 years, and have never had a problem with Customer Service, only the sub-contractors that come out to switch our box or dish, but this is INSANE!! Today is 3 weeks and that is MORE than enough time to fix it!!!!!!!
:mad: :rant::rant::rant:

Here's an update that was sent to us:

We received word that FOX and the affiliate have identified a plausible cause, actions have been taken, and we will be monitoring to confirm resolution tonight. We hope that you are able to watch your shows without any issues tonight. If the problems do arise again, we do apologize, and assure you that our teams are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding!

I watched WBFF for about an hour last night and the audio issue appears to be fixed. Thanks guys.:D

The channel was fine last night and tonight. Yesterday evening I received an email from the QA guys asking me to verify that the problem was resolved. I was actually impressed with the responses I got from the QA folks. A lot better than what I got from the station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)