Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
What is the minimum package i have to keep to have HD and Sunday Ticket?
Im fed up with the rain fade on myt dish, and will not give up sunday ticket..

Any ideas?
Thanks

What is the minimum package i have to keep to have HD and Sunday Ticket?
Im fed up with the rain fade on myt dish, and will not give up sunday ticket..

Any ideas?
Thanks

Why don't you have them adjust your dish ?
Or do it yourself if your up to it.

I don't live that far from you, and I rarely ever have rain fade.
How strong are your signals ?
Are all your channels going out, or is it just certian ones ?
Mpeg 4 or 2, they are on different sats and formats is why I asked.

Minimum package would probably be TC or maybe the family package.

Jimbo

Signals are super until it rains..Thats when it goes to hell. I have had them out. Like I said on a clear day or even cludy its great then I just lose all signal when the slightest rain hits..Im just fed up..

Would rather just get cable and keep my dish for football..and some HD

I am also looking to downgrade. I am locked in a 24 month committment with D* and I was just wondering if it was REQUIRED for me to pay the HD Access fee if I have an HD Receiver. I want to move over to E* with their HD only pack and keep my international programming with D*

There's definitely something wrong somewhere in your setup - it takes a damn hard downpour before we start to see any signal breakup (let alone loss).

Signals are super until it rains..Thats when it goes to hell. I have had them out. Like I said on a clear day or even cludy its great then I just lose all signal when the slightest rain hits..Im just fed up..

Would rather just get cable and keep my dish for football..and some HD

Do you have coax connections getting wet by chance ?
Or maybe a LNB that is going bad ...

Jimbo

$29.99 Family Package is minimum package for commitment and Sunday Ticket, $9.99 will get you HD but only those HD channels in your base package.

FIX THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR INSTALLATION

I know you can drop to the Choice package and still have most of your HD and EI (you lose Nat Geo and and Speed and a couple others due to them not being in the package). I went back to premier a few days later because I missed having all the movie channels and the sports pack.

We are famous for all the rain and gray skies we get here in Seattle and it has never caused me to lose signal either during drissle or heavy downpours. Like others have said, there is probably something else contributing to the signal loss.

Please post your signal strengths on a clear day.
Little update to this thread, and a little anger.

It is a clear day now and my signal strengths are great..
101 - are in the upper 80's to high 90's across the board.
same on 110
119 is almost 100 across the board mostly upper 90's
103 mid to upper 70's

Now it is not raining here but has for the past 4 days, and no matter if its light or heavy it goes out..Like clock work, searching for signal.

I called DTV today to tell them this, and to schedule someone to come look at it, or maybe replace something that needs replacing because this isnt normal.

All they could do was tell me they would make a note of it, and to call when its raining then they could get me set up..Needless to say I was pissed, and had nothing nice to say at that point. What is the purpose of paying for the protection plan if I cannot get help out here??

OMG I am so mad right now. This makes no sense to me.

Yea it seems that is the best they can get on that one for some reason. I gotta say they have been out here twice, and that is the highest its ever been. Isn't that the new sat they launched last year? The guy told me thats a good signal for that one. Yea it will be raining here shortly so Ill wait and call then..I was nice until she didn't give a rats ass I was calling in advance of the inevidable..

It defintiely sounds like water gets in somehwere.. so just sending a guy out to check signals will do you no good. But thats what many installers/techs do.. they want to take the easy way and and get out of there asap. I think all you can do is use the advice here and tell them that you recd advice from a pro and they asked for certain items to be checked.. . of course installers love (sarcasm) advice as well. You have a right to be POd.

Shake the wires outside. If it gets better or even changes it is fittings or damaged cable. Shake the dish. If it moves that is the problem. There is room for a little tweak west.......check el& tilt settings.

Joe

Well final update on this thread.
I called again, got a different CSR, although she sounded the same with her crappy attitude, and explained what was going on, and has hard as it was I kept my attitude to the bare minimum (you have to know me).

Anyway after 15 minutes of arguing with her trying to tell her that 60ish signal levels are not ok on a day in which it is not raining. All she kept say was is it raining there? man, I was fuming at this point.

Anyway I finally asked for a supervisor and before I got her the CSR came back on apologizing to me because I think she realized she gave me bad information, anyway, I said are you really sorry??

After talking to the supervisor for a few minutes I got my service call, and they came out today, this guy was awesome, he walked in back and looked at the dish and did an about face back to the truck to get a new dish. He told me that the one I have is knows to have issues, so he is just going to give me a new one. Took him 15 minutes, new dish, new signal levels, as a matter of fact the signals on 99S were 0's across the board basically, not hey are even up in the 50's. Im not even sure I use those but they are up there now, the sat in question 103 c is now all the way up in the mid to upper 80's and not fluctuating. they are sitting at a steady level now..

Glad this is over with. He gave me his office number and said dont even call them anymore..Just call him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)