2 barely used H20's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

armrh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi all,
I have 2 H20's which I don't use much. They sometimes have trouble receiving the satellite signal, sometimes I have to unplug them and plug them in again several times so they can work. I think directv made a recall of these receivers awhile ago, but I never call DirectV or receive any notice.
Do you know if I dial DirecTV to ask for the recall program for these 2 receivers if I would get another 2 year contract?
OR can I just return them to directv. I have other Hr21 DVRs which are the ones I use.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I have 2 H20's which I don't use much. They sometimes have trouble receiving the satellite signal, sometimes I have to unplug them and plug them in again several times so they can work. I think directv made a recall of these receivers awhile ago, but I never call DirectV or receive any notice.
Do you know if I dial DirecTV to ask for the recall program for these 2 receivers if I would get another 2 year contract?
OR can I just return them to directv. I have other Hr21 DVRs which are the ones I use.
Thanks in advance.

If they are indeed defective and you get them replaced, that doesn't extend your commitment. You could simply return them without a replacement and save $10/month.

From memory only H20-600 had recall, the H20-100 were fine. I don't recall them being fully recalled, they were just overheating and being replaced as customers had problems.

From memory only H20-600 had recall, the H20-100 were fine. I don't recall them being fully recalled, they were just overheating and being replaced as customers had problems.

Yup, I have had a total of four H20-600's. It took that many to find a good one!

These are H20-600. I've had them since 2007. Overheating has being always an issue but i could live with that, but now the screen just stays in "searching for satellite signal"... I know that connections are ok, so I think its time for a change.
Thank you for your comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)