Baseball Hall of Fame welcomes the Hawk

Alomar deserves to be in, and will get in next year. Paying the 'jerk' penalty for a year, but he'll get in.

Blyleven was an accumulator, never a dominant pitcher. I also do not think Mike Mussina should get in when he's eligible, for the exact same reason...and Mussina made a heck of a lot more all-star games than Blyeven did.

I think Jack Morris deserves to be in before both Blyleven and Mussina...and I'm not sure if Morris should be in either.

Sandra

So let me get this straight.....THESE players, though good ball players, but NO WHERE NEAR deserving of HOF votes, get votes that much more deserving do not get??!!

Robin Ventura 7 - 1.3%
Ellis Burks 2 - 0.4%
Eric Karros 2 - 0.4%
Kevin Appier 1 - 0.2%
Pat Hentgen 1 - 0.2%
David Segui 1 - 0.2

I mean seriously???!!! THIS is why reporters/writers DO NOT deserve to vote and they(possible HOF) should get voted in by their peers(former players and coaches).

That is garbage. TONS of jerk wads in the HOF. This is a bunch douche bag writers that are waving the vote like a sword.

Then why isn't Dave Kingman in the HOF. He has over 400 HRs

I should of clarified. I meant in addition to Dawson, who was elected.

The DH is a position. Should we not put in AL Pitchers?
I don't think the DH and AL Pitchers are comparable....playing the field everyday takes a greater toll on the body than standing at the plate with a bat on your shoulders 2-3 times every 5 days.

So let me get this straight.....THESE players, though good ball players, but NO WHERE NEAR deserving of HOF votes, get votes that much more deserving do not get??!!

Robin Ventura 7 - 1.3%
Ellis Burks 2 - 0.4%
Eric Karros 2 - 0.4%
Kevin Appier 1 - 0.2%
Pat Hentgen 1 - 0.2%
David Segui 1 - 0.2

I mean seriously???!!! THIS is why reporters/writers DO NOT deserve to vote and they(possible HOF) should get voted in by their peers(former players and coaches).
Its pretty funny that those players got any votes. :)

I honestly do not believe Kingman is a HOF. He was JUST a home run hitter. Didn't have a decent OBP, batting average and was an average fielder at best.
Another difference between a DH and an AL Pitcher.....you never hear any comments about a borderline HOF NL pitcher referring to him as a crappy hitter.

Robin Ventura 7 - 1.3%
Ellis Burks 2 - 0.4%
Eric Karros 2 - 0.4%
Kevin Appier 1 - 0.2%
Pat Hentgen 1 - 0.2%
David Segui 1 - 0.2

For the sake of accuracy it should be mentioned out of the following...Bert Blyleven, Pat Hentgen, and Jack Morris...only one of them is a Cy Young award winner.

Guess who? ;)

Sandra

Andre Dawson is the only person elected by the writers this year.

Dawson earns long-awaited Hall call | MLB.com: News

Let me just say this. Barry Larkin and Roberto Alomar should have gotten in this year.

List of votes:
Player - Total Votes - Percentage
Andre Dawson 420 - 77.9%
Bert Blyleven 400 - 74.2%
Roberto Alomar 397 - 73.7%
Jack Morris 282 - 52.3%
Barry Larkin 278 - 51.6%
Lee Smith 255 - 47.3%
Edgar Martinez 195 - 36.2%
Tim Raines 164 - 30.4%
Mark McGwire 128 - 23.7%
Alan Trammell 121 - 22.4%
Fred McGriff 116 - 21.5%
Don Mattingly 87 - 16.1%
Dave Parker 82 - 15.2%
Dale Murphy 63 - 11.7%
Harold Baines 33 - 6.1%
Andres Galarraga 22 - 4.1%
Robin Ventura 7 - 1.3%
Ellis Burks 2 - 0.4%
Eric Karros 2 - 0.4%
Kevin Appier 1 - 0.2%
Pat Hentgen 1 - 0.2%
David Segui 1 - 0.2%
Mike Jackson 0 - 0%
Ray Lankford 0 - 0%
Shane Reynolds 0 - 0%
Todd Zeile 0 - 0%

First off, Dawson was well over due. As for Alomar and Larkin, first ballot election is sacred. Reserved for the all-time bests, neither of these players are that. They'll get in, but first ballot is for the Ruth's, Mays's , etc.....

For the sake of accuracy it should be mentioned out of the following...Bert Blyleven, Pat Hentgen, and Jack Morris...only one of them is a Cy Young award winner.

Guess who? ;)

Sandra

Pat did ....but does that automatically qualify you for the HOF?!

The guys ERA is around 4.30.....

Guess who? ;)

Sandra

Then everyone that wins a MVP should be in too. :D

Robin Ventura 7 - 1.3%
Ellis Burks 2 - 0.4%
Eric Karros 2 - 0.4%
Kevin Appier 1 - 0.2%
Pat Hentgen 1 - 0.2%
David Segui 1 - 0.2

LMAO!

Robin Ventura got a HOF worthy beatdown by Nolan Ryan, but that's about it. As for the rest of them, LMAO! David Sugui?! Lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)