Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
Will coach bowl game but it does seem to be health related according to article

Read it here

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=17169

That link seems to be overloaded right now so try this one

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952"]Florida coach Urban Meyer steps down for health reasons - ESPN[/ame]

Last edited:
This totally caught me by surprise.

But when I read the details and health reasons- I'm not going to fault him for looking at his long-term health. (Remember, the day after the SEC title game, he was in the hospital for dehydration.)

I clearly understand his side of the story.

Yeah no kidding I was in total shock also.

After the ND nation wanted Meyer so bad to replace Weis I had no idea that this was going to happen but I guess nobody did.

Last edited:
This is a very big shock to him also I am sure. ESPN says he will stay on at Florida in a non-coaching role.

I know the Bamers here think that " he's just scared of Saban."

That's exactly the topic that will be on sports talk here in Alabama on Monday. Bamers live in a world of their own.

Hopefully he will return to college coaching once his health is better.

This is a very big shock to him also I am sure. ESPN says he will stay on at Florida in a non-coaching role.

That's exactly the topic that will be on sports talk here in Alabama on Monday. Bamers live in a world of their own.

How would you like to be the next Florida coach, knowing that Urban is still on campus ?

He takes a year off to get healthy and comes back ?

He was taken to the hospital soon after the game. It was reported here that it was for dehydration. He did an interview a few weeks ago and said that he did not handle stress well.

He was taken to the hospital soon after the game. It was reported here that it was for dehydration. He did an interview a few weeks ago and said that he did not handle stress well.

Well he certainly had a Stress Free job :D:D:D:D.

He said he didn't handle stress well or well recently ?

I was reading a Miami Hurricane forum a little while ago and every post claimed that Meyer was just afraid to face the Hurricanes so he is leaving coaching.

I honestly hope the guy is ok. He is one of the greatest coaches ever. All the guy did was win.

plus sports illustrated reported earlier this month he has an beign cyst on his brain which causes bad headaches.

hearing bobby petrino's name surfacing as a possible replacement. two words.............hell no.

in fact, i wouldn't even want nick saban. no shocker here if saban wins the national championship, he'd throw his name in the ring. can do without him and petrino.

Only from an auburn fan. All they talk about is Bama, even when it has nothing to do with Bama.

Seriously, Hope everything turns out ok for the guy, and I KNOW it had nothing to do with him being scared of any team he would have had to play.

Only from an auburn fan. All they talk about is Bama, even when it has nothing to do with Bama.

Seriously, Hope everything turns out ok for the guy, and I KNOW it had nothing to do with him being scared of any team he would have had to play.

LOL. Listen to Finebaum on Monday.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)