UF's Urban Meyer Steps Down as Head Football Coach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Meyer rushed to hospital post-SEC finale

ESPN.com news services

A 911 call made from Urban Meyer's home around 4:30 a.m. ET on Dec. 6, after Florida lost in the SEC championship game, reveals that the Gators' coach was rushed to the hospital by ambulance after complaining of chest pains and a tingling sensation on his side.

The Dec. 6 call, obtained Wednesday by ESPN, contradicts earlier comments from Meyer and the university that the coach checked himself into a Gainesville hospital that morning for dehydration, only later to admit that he also had chest pains.

Meyer's wife Shelley, who placed the 911 call, said her husband awoke briefly that morning and tried to get out of bed, but fell to the floor. On the call, Shelley Meyer said he was breathing and had a pulse but would not wake up. She said her husband had been taking the sleeping pill Ambien, which she said often puts him into a deep sleep.

On the call, Shelley Meyer also said her husband had never had a heart attack before but had complained of chest pains due to anxiety.

Urban Meyer announced last Saturday in Gainesville that he was stepping down as Florida's coach because of health concerns.

The following day in New Orleans, where the Gators are preparing to play Cincinnati in the Allstate Sugar Bowl on Saturday, Meyer changed his mind, saying he was taking an indefinite leave of absence instead of resigning.

Despite his ongoing health concerns, the 45-year-old Meyer will coach in the Sugar Bowl and expects to be on the sideline leading the Gators when next season opens.

Meyer has refused to elaborate on his health problems and declined to answer on Sunday when asked if doctors advised him to stop coaching.

Meyer led the Gators to BCS national championships in 2006 and 2008. He is 56-10 with Florida, including 32-8 in the SEC and a school-record 22-game winning streak that was snapped by Alabama's 32-13 victory in the conference title game Dec. 5.

Ill say again I hope Meyer takes care of himself first and as much as well miss him we the gator nation will understand hes got to do what he has to do to take care of his health first. If that means not coaching the sugarbowl so be it.

But Meyer is a class act in that he cares so much for his players he wants to be their with him. Many of these guys who has literally watched grow up. Going from boys to men. I cant blame him for wanting to be there in their last game.

Just speculation at this point, but I heard today that a recruit that spoke with Urban said that he will see him in August.

Take it for what it's worth ......

Just speculation at this point, but I heard today that a recruit that spoke with Urban said that he will see him in August.

Take it for what it's worth ......

I've heard several "rumors" that Urban may go to the NFL.

Think about it... it's less stress than the college ranks. (He wouldn't have to devote himself 24/7 the way he does now at Florida). The NFL IS the next logical step on the coaching ladder. He's already accomplished more than most college coaches ever do at that rank. Why not take the next step?

Oh and seeing Tebow will be entering the draft, what's the likelihood he somehow finagles his way into coaching for the same team he is drafted by? Hmmm...

Um, no one ever said they were actually take the final step of decommitting. The questioning of the commitment by the recruits is just the usual process that occurs when a coach leaves a program hanging, especially at a key recuiting period such as this. Meyer's flip-flop interim announcement is probably an effort to reassure these recruits that he will still be involved in the program.

Florida assembling a class for the ages - Insider - ESPN

I've heard several "rumors" that Urban may go to the NFL.

Think about it... it's less stress than the college ranks. (He wouldn't have to devote himself 24/7 the way he does now at Florida). The NFL IS the next logical step on the coaching ladder. He's already accomplished more than most college coaches ever do at that rank. Why not take the next step?

Oh and seeing Tebow will be entering the draft, what's the likelihood he somehow finagles his way into coaching for the same team he is drafted by? Hmmm...

I think you'll see him in the Pro's some day, just not yet ......

Less Stress ???????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)