UF's Urban Meyer Steps Down as Head Football Coach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I guess now he is "not so sick". [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4774134"]Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer will return after leave of absence - ESPN[/ame]

Last edited:
Meyer status has two Gator commitments looking again at UT GoVolsXtra

This type of thing has to be the reason Meyer pulls a 180 and basically is damage control to keep the blue chips committed. And, even if he was going to stay retired the timing is curious too. Why not wait until after the bowl game to make the announcement??

After the Bowl would be better, but at least it wasn't announced NY Eve. or the week before the MNC game, taking away the hype of that game, like MANY others would have done. (not necessarily in football only), that is something that the yankees pull everytime they are not in the WS.

I guess now he is "not so sick". Fact of the matter is he doesnt want to be a losing coach which is what the Gators are looking at.

Actually, I think the doctors figured that he would have time off during the off season .... and Urban decided that he could get better and probably be able to be an advisor.

Why would they want to stay in Florida anyways ? :D:D:D
p75528-Panama_City-Spring_Break.jpg

:D:D:D

Meyer status has two Gator commitments looking again at UT GoVolsXtra

This type of thing has to be the reason Meyer pulls a 180 and basically is damage control to keep the blue chips committed. And, even if he was going to stay retired the timing is curious too. Why not wait until after the bowl game to make the announcement??

Yeah, College fan messageboard, that is so reliable. I guess VolXtra doesn't realize that you are not getting any real serious playing time as a freshman without early enrollment. But, hey it is on the internet it must be true.

Yeah, College fan messageboard, that is so reliable. I guess VolXtra doesn't realize that you are not getting any real serious playing time as a freshman without early enrollment. But, hey it is on the internet it must be true.
:rolleyes: I know ESPN may not be the journalistic equivalent of the Washington post but.....

Under Armour All-American and four-star running back Mack Brown from Martin Luther King High in Lithonia, Ga., picked Florida over Georgia, Alabama and a host of other programs earlier this season.

"I am shocked and just confused," he said. "I had a strong relationship with Coach Meyer because he recruited me."

Under Armour All-American and four-star cornerback Cody Riggs from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and St. Thomas Aquinas is taking a cautious approach.

"I will wait to see what happens during the next week at Florida," he said.

Offensive tackle Morgan Moses from Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy made an official visit to Florida before Christmas and the Gators were in the mix to turn him from a commitment to Virginia (which had its own coaching change earlier this year when Mike London replaced Al Groh).

"This does impact my decision quite a bit," Moses said. "But you still have to give a lot of credit to what Coach Meyer did at Florida, stepping in there and rebuilding the program."
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4773136"]Urban Meyer's decision sends shock waves through Florida's top-ranked class - ESPN[/ame]

:rolleyes: I know ESPN may not be the journalistic equivalent of the Washington post but.....

Urban Meyer's decision sends shock waves through Florida's top-ranked class - ESPN

Where does it say they are decommitting?

This is all speculation, let me know when they actually lose a commit. Until than it is all conjecture.

College football recruiting can get nasty, not so sure these are not plant stories from other schools. I'd hope we do the same if the roles were reversed.

Where does it say they are decommitting?

This is all speculation, let me know when they actually lose a commit. Until than it is all conjecture.

College football recruiting can get nasty, not so sure these are not plant stories from other schools. I'd hope we do the same if the roles were reversed.
Um, no one ever said they were actually take the final step of decommitting. The questioning of the commitment by the recruits is just the usual process that occurs when a coach leaves a program hanging, especially at a key recuiting period such as this. Meyer's flip-flop interim announcement is probably an effort to reassure these recruits that he will still be involved in the program.

Um, no one ever said they were actually take the final step of decommitting. The questioning of the commitment by the recruits is just the usual process that occurs when a coach leaves a program hanging, especially at a key recuiting period such as this. Meyer's flip-flop interim announcement is probably an effort to reassure these recruits that he will still be involved in the program.

even when he made his announcement saturday night, he said he planned to stay with the university in a non coaching role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts