UF's Urban Meyer Steps Down as Head Football Coach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Get over it .....
It has NOTHING to do with any players.

This is potentially a VERY SERIOUS matter for him and his family.
I doubt it.
If it has NOTHING to do with any players why did he have a change of heart (pardon the pun) after a team practice??

If it really was VERY SERIOUS wouldn't he stay retired??
If it really was VERY SERIOUS wouldn't he have told his family first of his change to "leave of absence" status??

I doubt it.
If it has NOTHING to do with any players why did he have a change of heart (pardon the pun) after a team practice??

If it really was VERY SERIOUS wouldn't he stay retired??
If it really was VERY SERIOUS wouldn't he have told his family first of his change to "leave of absence" status??

The leave of absence was the Schools doing and part of the reason he changed his mind ....

You honestly think he had NO health issues ?
No one would go to that extent to have on all the networks that he was having health issues, heart problems no less and then decide he made it up.

The leave of absence was the Schools doing and part of the reason he changed his mind ....

You honestly think he had NO health issues ?
No one would go to that extent to have on all the networks that he was having health issues, heart problems no less and then decide he made it up.
And it was his decision to change his mind and accept the offer.

Where did I say he had NO health issues?? No one would up and quit out of the blue like that unless they did. My point is that the cause doesn't appear to be physical in nature, it seems to be totally related to stress. It's admirable that he was going to resign to correct the on the job stress he was experiencing and put his life and family first. If his health issues were VERY SERIOUS as you said, why would his priorities change after a "spirited practice" on Sunday morning??

Obviously not everyone can handle the same amounts of stress. It's important to himself and his family that he do whatever it takes to change to either reduce the stress in his life or learn how to handle it better.

And it was his decision to change his mind and accept the offer.

Where did I say he had NO health issues?? No one would up and quit out of the blue like that unless they did. My point is that the cause doesn't appear to be physical in nature, it seems to be totally related to stress. It's admirable that he was going to resign to correct the on the job stress he was experiencing and put his life and family first. If his health issues were VERY SERIOUS as you said, why would his priorities change after a "spirited practice" on Sunday morning??

Obviously not everyone can handle the same amounts of stress. It's important to himself and his family that he do whatever it takes to change to either reduce the stress in his life or learn how to handle it better.

He COULD walk away from it entirely till next fall if he wanted too and I would not doubt that thats what his plan is.
Let the others run the show in his absence.

I'm sure the doctors probably scared him quit a bit for him to up and quit right away like that, then they probably talked with him and told him if he did this , this and this then he could eliminate alot of what was causing the issues, just a guess, I'm not a doctor.

Meyer is simply letting an assistant take the next season or two of humiliating loses. He will step back in afterwards.

LMAO!! Almost a la Pat Reilly when he had Stan Van Gundy ..*COUGH* leave *COUGH* the Heat because "he wanted to spend more time to be with his family"?! LOL!
More like Coach Shasheffski....

...Shasheffski....
WTF?
scratch.gif
laughing.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)