OTHER Basic DVB-S/S2 Receiver

Has anyone tried a wifi Dongle with the v7 yet?
If so, what does the online movie app look like under Network?

Here is one $26.44 free shipping.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Freesat...hash=item35ff787830:m:mzmI0ViUz_kgUGF9usZOGfw

Scroll down there are more in the $26 range with free shipping.

Yes, from China. That's what I ordered (reread my post above). The implication above was that it could be purchased domestically for that price; it can't (see below).

Plus approx $5 shipping.

I'm in no particular hurry so I saved approx $8 (including shipping) by buying direct from China and Paypal still protects the purchase. Not sure what the issue is with that.

Plus approx $5 shipping. I'm in no particular hurry so I saved approx $8 (including shipping) by buying direct from China and Paypal still protects the purchase. Not sure what the issue is with that.
Got mine for $29 with 2 day shipping included - no shipping charge if you're an Amazon Prime member. Even if you're not and had to pay for shipping I'd much rather deal with Amazon for a return or problem. I've never had a problem with them with a return but had to kiss a$$ with PayPal on a couple of occasions. To each his own though! ;)

Questions about this receiver, if anyone would be so kind:

First, can you get to any kind of command line interface or anything that resembles Linux? In particular, can you ssh in from another computer?

Second, will this receiver stream video to the network, in other words could you use something like VLC on a computer to watch the currently tuned channel?

And third, it it possible (via ssh or (s)ftp) to access recordings from another machine on the network? Or can the connected drive appear as a network share on other computers?

The reason I ask these things is because this receiver would be a lot less useful to me if the only way you can transfer recordings to another computer is by physically disconnecting the drive or memory stick and taking it to another computer. It would be vastly more useful if it would stream the currently received signal to the local network in real time.

By the way, does anyone else find it ironic that a ~$30 receiver has no problem receiving the 16APSK signals on 97W but that there are no inexpensive PC tuner cards that will receive those?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)