OTHER Basic DVB-S/S2 Receiver

Mine arrived today! So far I am very happy with it but I cannot find the Transponder list. It says to hit the Sat button to bring up the sub-menu but it doesn't say where and it doesn't work when in the installation menu. Totally lost here as I have tried all over and no transponder list popped up to add or edit them. A hint would be very much appreciated!

I just bought the V8 Super with loop out and a SCART connector and it doesn't use the same firmware as the V7. I guess it could be the same basic code as far as the DBV-S2 goes only for a different processor, don't know. If it's like the S9 you can use an adapter to get component or composite video out of it and you'll have loop out without the un-needed T2 tuner that we can't use. It uses the same FW as the golden and has the same CPU etc as far as I know, both 800MHz. I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives. I don't think I can load the V7 sat list into it, but maybe so if I load the db file only, just not the firmware.

It was listed as $40.99 but they have 5% off so I got it for $38.94. I got it from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/272281873910

The V7 is running great and Laff/Grit work great, then then they don't as others have reported. Decades, H&I and Movies! are all working flawless. It's odd that our other receivers got those just fine and now they won't. If they fix the audio skips on Grit & Laff it'd be great. I'm assuming the V8 Super will have the same problems with Grit, but maybe not, and I'm assuming it'll get Decades etc. We'll see.

From Freesat website firmware notes it appears they are updating the DB editor tool. Version currently available for download is 2.2, which I think is the old/current version? A newer firmware version is also available.

we updated the last sky uk channel list.
TP changed:
Transponder 11.385H Parameters Change
Channel Changed:
1)CBeebies HD Moved Transponder
2)BBC Olympic HD Channels moved to 472 - 479

We will Release new DB Editor tool about this weekend.

From Freesat website firmware notes it appears they are updating the DB editor tool. Version currently available for download is 2.2, which I think is the old/current version? A newer firmware version is also available.

we updated the last sky uk channel list.
TP changed:
Transponder 11.385H Parameters Change
Channel Changed:
1)CBeebies HD Moved Transponder
2)BBC Olympic HD Channels moved to 472 - 479

We will Release new DB Editor tool about this weekend.

Yes, I seen that but I just updated my V7 to the newer 8/3/2016 fw. If you hit the download link you do get the 8/3/16 FW. I haven't figured out how to download older FW. If you copy the download link and change the date to one of the older dates, you still get the newest FW. I'll post if I see the new editor.

Edit: They've changed their downloads somehow. The other day I changed the date in the download link and still got the newest FW and now I'm getting an error if I do that. It appears they remove old FW so we need to hang on to them in case we get a bad one and lose a lot of channels or worse.:eek:

we updated Freesat V7 firmware for more Tanberg/Director channels are Free.

I'm not seeing any actual operational updates or fixes, just channel/satellite changes that don't affect NA. Not worth the risk of updating, to me. Now if it said there was a fix for the Grit audio breakup I would be interested.

Reactions: fred555
Does one recent fix does give a dialogue to safely shut down the USB drive before removing it?
Files can very easily get corrupt without this safe shutdown.

2) add the disable usb device pop message
main menu / system / other / Device PoP message :
On ---> the usb storage /wifi message will be shew when you insert or plug out
off ---> the usb storage /wifi message will not be shew when you insert or plug out

The 2 low SR radio mux’s on 99w that the receiver would not pick up here on a blind-scan when first using it are now working on this STB.

You must manually add 3770 H 1220. A scan did not bring in anything so using the editor program I copied a channel from the 3773H mux and pasted it under the 3770 H frequency.
Then changed the pids to conform to what I saw over on Lyngsat.
I have a list of 6 channels and 5 of them are now working.

Manually added 3742 H 741, and proceeded to do the same thing here with the editor program.

Once saved I re-uploaded the listing to the receiver and then moved the channels around a bit as they seemed to be at the end of the list and not in the proper place. And re-saved this to my flash drive.

Channeling through the list not every channel that scanned in from the 3773 mux was working at this time but that’s ok earlier some of those not working now were working before.

This little receiver is playing a signal with a SR of 741.

It may be small, but it is showing more than what many other receivers can not do.

OK; the chip matters; this thread should matter. If I was to choose to only make one chip for the US market; I think it would be an ATSC box; built since the word/world/conv. in the US; and built into EVERY HDTV. IN SATELLITE TV, that word is taken out in every Country except the USA. This makes it very hard "to keep the price down" to Chinese/Korean mentality of the build; and ONLY MANUFACTURE one for the US. OK; now the chip to use, so that NO NETWORK can corrupt my box. Nobody can connect to my box except a satellite; and no updates occur from the satellite UNLESS MY BOX REQUIRES IT from the manufacturer. No need for any other bell or whistle; It would cost twice as much to build; but would have Commercial qualities beyond yesterday. The chip is very old; and made since the block converter was invented (really old). No internet can be hooked to it; and no control/losses be counted; because they are a FTA ONLY USA CHIP for satellite only; and there is not a chip being made anymore. I wondered why till I watched just FTA list for awhile. Now I do not. They are who is bought and sold; right here on their own website; and they will not manufacture one; for all the business in the World.

I am curious what other Montage based STBs are out there?

Now that you bring up that subject we will have to keep our eyes peeled to see what may come out.

Had a re-look over this thread and saw that it appeared "mr3p" first reported this receiver back in May.
It never really came out over in N.A. just sort of sold itself piecemeal by those of us who were willing to take the plunge to explore it's FTA capabilities. I know it is not designed for over here but it is finding a useful purpose even though it has had some negative thoughts of it at the onset. It is not perfect by any means but really, for the $ paid that is less than a dinner for two.

Re-ordered a second one as a back up and now that the first one is set up the next one should be a piece of cake as it will be cloned from the first one.

Reactions: mr3p and Babadem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts