BBC unveils new Doctor Who Logo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
BBC - Doctor Who - Unveiled: New Logo and Insignia

new_logo_512.jpg

Well it's cool, but why exactly did they think they needed to change something that's worked for 46 years?

Just another example of dumbing-down of society. People won't know what "Doctor Who" is unless it's associated with a blue box image.

it does look kind of nice though.

I really don't like it yet, but it may grow on me. Reminds me of something that hangs around a rapper's neck ;) Though looking thru the past ones on their site, it is better than the awful one from the 80s...

-Mike

True, some of those old logos (and the music that goes with them) is just awful... but sure seemed very good at the time.

The new one is better than the old one in many ways. The old one had that weird shape which didn't add anything to it.

They should change the logo every time the Doctor regenerates.

The diamond logo from the 3rd Doctor's final series up to the 4th Doctor's next to last series will always be my favorite. To be honest, this new one might just come in second place after I get used to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)