BBMP ON 922

dishnetworkFSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
When will the update come so we will see BBMP on 922?

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

This is the last official word from Dish Support in response to news that Dish CSR's were promising Nov 15th release to customer callers.

Beyond that, one person on another forum who was escalating on Sling issues was told that the rollout might start as early as Nov 12th, however all release plans from Dish are never certain or committed.

Thanks for letting us know not to get too excited for the online receiver BBMP initial offerings. :doh:

Last edited:
I was told by a dirt member that the nov 15th date was pushed back and HE was told "in the coming months" Not a big priority for me either.... It would be best if they just got it right and took their time....

That's a funny comment, navychop - 300 handclaps for that - and I also like your icon of the Continental Shift Theory.

I checked-in at Dish Support, and DIRT team member confirmed that it is pushed back, but no specific timeframe. I agree with Beta9-Gardo that it is best if they made it right before releasing. I do wish they would allow volunteer customers to beta-test, and help them find and work out the bugs, similar to the DirecTV-DBSTalk Cutting Edge group.

Talked to a representative before I re-signed up to get the 922. She said BBMP was good to go, just wait a day to let everything get authorized, then start the process. Then, when I couldn't, I called back. Talked to a tech, then a supervisor, and they said the software wasn't on the 922 yet, and it should be "2-3 weeks", and it was going to be a staggered roll-out, i.e., not available to everyone all at once. Then talked to another tech 2 days ago, who said they expect it to be available "at the beginning of next year". Hopefully this won't be like the 922 roll-out itself, which from rumor to reality was a couple of years...

Don't get too excited DrJGT, I was just told "2-3 weeks" in a chat with a tech rep. I just ordered Dish for the first time--and still have promo pricing available to add receivers--so I was hoping to snag a 922, but no luck. I'm guessing one problem or another will keep the 922 out-of-reach until 622/722 stock is depleted..

I wouldn't stand in front of it waiting 2-3 weeks for it. I finally gave up enough was enough on the box of empty promises Im still waiting for
the box that enables hd sling to a 2nd room
the tv that connects wireless to 922
web broswer
app store
transfer shows to ipad for off line viewing
google tv
BBMP

Im sure I forgot a few more after almost 2 years of waiting it starts to get fuzzy. When I called to cancel they offered to upgrade me to a 722 for $199 to keep me as a valued customer. After telling them I paid $199 for the 922 when I signed up he said well I can give you a $10 monthly credit to offset this upgrade. What an insult! I hope you guys get an update soon.

No way, $199 to upgrade to a 722! You may need to talk with the retention department. I upgraded from a 922 to a 722k a couple months ago because I figured Dish would never get their act together on this and other 922 issues. They offered the 722k no charge and free install. They wanted me to agree to a two year contract. I did, except I got them to waive the early termination fee if I ever choose to leave Dish.

No way, $199 to upgrade to a 722! You may need to talk with the retention department. I upgraded from a 922 to a 722k a couple months ago because I figured Dish would never get their act together on this and other 922 issues. They offered the 722k no charge and free install. They wanted me to agree to a two year contract. I did, except I got them to waive the early termination fee if I ever choose to leave Dish.

And look your right! They still havent gotton there act together on the top of the line "VIP 922" lol....just sad !!

mpeltz said:
except I got them to waive the early termination fee if I ever choose to leave Dish.[/QUOTE

Good luck with that!! You try to play that card and they'll say they have "no record of that" in the account notes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

LOL that was the offer from the retention department

Well Im on the Dark side now just got Dtv hr34 media server installed so I now have
record 5 channels at once
HD in all 4 rooms
1tb harddrive that is all mine not 500gb for dish and 500 gb for me
100 season passes its 4 more:)
D/l shows to Ipad via Nomad

Last edited:
mpeltz said:
except I got them to waive the early termination fee if I ever choose to leave Dish.[/QUOTE

Good luck with that!! You try to play that card and they'll say they have "no record of that" in the account notes.

That was somewhat of a risk. However, the guy at the retention department assured me he entered it in the notes and those notes could not be erased. I asked him to send me a confirmation of that, but he had no way to do that. However, he suggested that I chat with a CSR and get them to confirm that was added in the notes and print out a record of the chat. So, I did exactly that. Now I a record of a CSR confirming that the early termination fee was waived.

Last edited:
That's how to do it. I had an issue once with a charge for shipping a receiver to me. Csr on chat never said anything on the chat about the 15 bucks, when I got my monthly statement I saw the charge and immediately did a chat and informed them I had a copy of the chat and would fax it to him if he wanted me too, needless to say the charge was reversed. I can't say enough about always do an online chat, print it out when your done. That way you cover your ass and have proof when Dish mysteriously can't seem to find notes from a previous chat. I hope it works out for you, but I almost guarantee if you need to get out of your contract, they are gonna say its not there in the notes. Put that transcript in a safe deposit box 'cause if you need it, it's as good as gold!

There must still be an ETF in place, otherwise what's the point of having to agree to a two-year contract??

here its january 2nd almost 3rd and still no bbmp on the 922.this is beginning to be bul you know what with dish promising everythinga nd not delivering like sling extender etc and now bbmp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)