BCS Bowl Predictions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Utah also missed out last year, and TCU likely the same this year.

Neither of those schools were the two best. A one loss SEC team is better then those. I want to see this whole situation go awry. Lets hope Nebraska Win and Florida Lose. This is the worst case scenario for the BCS. If that situation arrises Florida will play Alabama in the NC. This will tick off TCU, Cincinnati and BSU. Of those teams the only one I see with a gripe is TCU. However, how can you fault Florida or a Bama rematch because they lost the to either #1 or #2. Besides if the SEC did the Big Ten route they would be done and the Title game would be set.

They will never pit two teams from the same conference in the title game no matter what happens, even though it would be the right choice.

They will never pit two teams from the same conference in the title game no matter what happens, even though it would be the right choice.
And they shouldn't, especially a game after they just played.

Otherwise Michigan would have played Ohio St., and Florida would have been left out.

Florida never should have replayed Florida St. in 1997, but since Arizona St. was locked into the Rose Bowl, they got left out and Florida sneaked into the game.

If the SEC went the Big Ten route, Florida and Bama would've already played each other.

How do you figure that? There are 12 teams and only 8 games, so you would not play 3 teams just like it is now.

How do you figure that? There are 12 teams and only 8 games, so you would not play 3 teams just like it is now.
I know it's not possible. Just saying that the Big10 route is all teams in the conference face each other - you know, their big argument as to why they don't add more teams and have a conference championship.

I know it's not possible. Just saying that the Big10 route is all teams in the conference face each other - you know, their big argument as to why they don't add more teams and have a conference championship.
Is that true? There are 11 teams in the Big-10 :)eek:). Do they play 10 conference games? I don't think so. They only play 9 conference games, so nobody plays everybody in the Big-10.

Their non-conference schedule killed them in the BCS. Really - Citadel? Louisiana Monroe?
What killed them that year, is that Texas & Oklahoma started the year ranked at #1 & #2, and Auburn started way down at #18.

Due to pre-season hype of Texas and Oklahoma, Auburn had no way to get in.

Is that true? There are 11 teams in the Big-10 :)eek:). Do they play 10 conference games? I don't think so. They only play 9 conference games, so nobody plays everybody in the Big-10.
Actually they only play 8 (the Pac 10 is the only conference to play 9 conference games).

So everyone in the Big 10 does not play 2 of the conference teams. For example, this year, Ohio St. did not play Michigan St. & Northwestern.

Pretty much the way the SEC was back when it had 10 teams and 7 conference games.

You're right (actually it looks like they only play 8 conf. games). For some reason I always thought they played a round robin during the year. :confused:

Then why don't they pull in another team and have a CCG, the cowards?! (cue Jimbeaux and the rest of the Bucknuts :D).

You're right (actually it looks like they only play 8 conf. games). For some reason I always thought they played a round robin during the year. :confused:

Then why don't they pull in another team and have a CCG, the cowards?! (cue Jimbeaux and the rest of the Bucknuts :D).

Because Notre Dame said no when they asked.

And were not a MONEY GREEDY conference .......... ya right....

There would be NO NEED for that to happen if we could get this BSc situation squared away with the university presidents and have a 16 team playoff.
Then if your at least a decent team, you have a shot.

Notre Dame has been asked MANY times and doesn't want in, of course this way they get to keep ALL thier Notre Dame Broadcasting Network
money to themselves.

And can continue to schedule the easy teams that they decide to play each year, opps, NAVY isn't so easy anymore ...
ND already plays a number of Big Ten teams and usually split them games, some go one way or the other, but for the most part they split the Big 10.

They played the Bucks for a few years and begged out of it by the end.
I think I heard they will renew it again someday though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts