Super Bowl 48 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son entered a Superbowl pool with squares for the score after each quarter. He had them just assign him a random square. It came up 8-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. He won $800. What are the odds of an 8-0 score at any point in a football game?

If it's the typical 100-square, last digit pool, 18-0, 28-0 are pretty common

Peyton is on a mission with destiny. Nothing will stop him. Certainly not cold weather, nor a seattle defense that uses a gang reference for its moniker.

The Super Bowl is the conclusion to the best single performance of an NFL season, ever. And to me, the toughest game was yesterday, beating the second best quarterback in the league, the guy who possessed the records Peyton claimed this year.

Hmm... the stats this year primarily came from Peyton's ARM not Prater's foot. 55 touchdowns, scored home and away, in 16 games. Average of 37.9 points scored each game. 457 yards of offense PER GAME. Not just at Mile High.

You are from New England, I get it. But diminishing this season because of Mile High... nah.. not buying it. And wasn't Seattle playing at home an advantage for them? That's what the number 1 seed gets. Home Field Advantage.

Where you at?

"Gang reference"? Where did he get THAT?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I assumed "Legion of Boom" was a play on the cartoon characters or wrestlers called "Legion of Doom". I've never heard anything about it being gang related.

Just wondering why he hasn't posted.

Hell, the game started with an interception even before the kickoff (when the ref grabbed Joe's exuberant coin toss) and Peyton took it (okay, the Seahawks "took it") from there.

How apropos that the Red Hot Chili Peppers sang "Give it Away Now" during the Halftime Show?

Our paper reported that John Fox had the loudspeakers turned down during Broncos practice because "this isn't an Away game" and "the crowd noise won't be a factor" in the game.

I also read that Peyton Manning set a Super Bowl record for completed passes with 34. I find that hard to believe that no other quarterback in the previous 47 Super Bowl had never made that many.

Hell, the game started with an interception even before the kickoff (when the ref grabbed Joe's exuberant coin toss) and Peyton took it (okay, the Seahawks "took it") from there.

How apropos that the Red Hot Chili Peppers sang "Give it Away Now" during the Halftime Show?

Our paper reported that John Fox had the loudspeakers turned down during Broncos practice because "this isn't an Away game" and "the crowd noise won't be a factor" in the game.

I also read that Peyton Manning set a Super Bowl record for completed passes with 34. I find that hard to believe that no other quarterback in the previous 47 Super Bowl had never made that many.

It's like I said before,Peyton Manning & the Broncos were not expecting the "12th man" to show up. The Seattle fans were so loud,I don't know if Peyton EVER said "Omaha." I heard a reporter on Fox News say the same thing. I also heard,maybe on ESPN,that the center couldn't hear Peyton & that's why he snapped the ball too soon & caused the safety. If the Broncos had been cast as the underdogs by the oddsmakers,as they should have been in the first place,maybe they would have played like "spoilers" instead of how they were playing. I don't know if it would have made a difference being called underdogs,but they certainly weren't prepared for the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts