BCS keeps status quo through 2013

Madison Hawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Bowl Championship Series officials rejected a plan Wednesday to turn the controversial system for deciding a national champ into a four-team playoff, starting in the 2010 season. Instead, the current system will remain in place through the 2013-14 bowls.
"After a very thorough very good discussion among the group, we have decided that because we feel at this time the BCS is in an unprecedented state of health, we feel it's never been healthier during its first decade," Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford said. "We have made a decision to move forward in the next cycle with the current format."

NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

Do we REALLY need a playoff?

Reward 1-4, ignore EVERYONE ELSE?

Good for the BCS.

I don't want a playoff.

After all, we could have a three-loss champion!

The commissioners of the 11 major conferences voted this down, flat. They said something to the effect that 4 teams become 8 teams, become 16 teams... they do not want a playoff system. Period. A**HOLES!

The commissioners of the 11 major conferences voted this down, flat. They said something to the effect that 4 teams become 8 teams, become 16 teams... they do not want a playoff system. Period. A**HOLES!

The SEC and the ACC did not vote against this.

After years of planning, SEC commissioner Mike Slive formally presented a plus-one model to his peers Wednesday. He found opposition from the Big East, Big 12, Pac-10, Big Ten and Notre Dame. The ACC was the lone conference in Slive's plus-one camp.

The SEC and the ACC did not vote against this.

ANOTHER of my reasons why I hate the Big Ten. Could they AT LEAST get a damn conference championship game....??!!

And Notre Dame.....please......they are a non-issues. Amazing me that their football program can actually think they are THAT much more important than any other football school....:mad: That is why I love the fact that for as many "blue chippers" that they get every year...and believe when I tell you that they still get alot...they still SUCK!! I mean REALLY SUCK!

ANOTHER of my reasons why I hate the Big Ten. Could they AT LEAST get a damn conference championship game....??!!

And Notre Dame.....please......they are a non-issues. Amazing me that their football program can actually think they are THAT much more important than any other football school....:mad: That is why I love the fact that for as many "blue chippers" that they get every year...and believe when I tell you that they still get alot...they still SUCK!! I mean REALLY SUCK!

They DO have a conference championship game every year! It's typically held the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
Hint: It's called Ohio State vs. Michigan! ;) :D

Right there is why ND does matter. The BCS and the Bowls know that people like you will tune in just to see ND lose. Thats why we end up in BCS games when we have no business being there. If you are running a bowl game do you really care who is #1 or do you care if who you put in there is going to boost ratings and fill the seats because of their following - both positive and negative? ESPN has figured this out, that is why they trash us whenever they can because it gets everyone riled up. It's also why Gameday includes Lou Holtz (terrible at it but I love the guy) and his nemesis Mark May

Right there is why ND does matter. The BCS and the Bowls know that people like you will tune in just to see ND lose. Thats why we end up in BCS games when we have no business being there. If you are running a bowl game do you really care who is #1 or do you care if who you put in there is going to boost ratings and fill the seats because of their following - both positive and negative? ESPN has figured this out, that is why they trash us whenever they can because it gets everyone riled up. It's also why Gameday includes Lou Holtz (terrible at it but I love the guy) and his nemesis Mark May

On the contrary....UNTIL Notre Dame matters....what reason IS THERE to watch them...Those that run Notre Dame football think they are ABOVE college football.
And what's happening is good ole fashion karma....

College football does not need Notre Dame football to be either successful or profitable. And if don't think for a 2nd that NBC will not rethink this contract with the football program when it's time to renew.

I love Lou Holtz the announcer....Lou Holtz the coach was an ***hole.

Right there is why ND does matter. The BCS and the Bowls know that people like you will tune in just to see ND lose.

Yup,
Thats right, I watch the ND bowl games even though they have not belonged in one since the BCS started, I watch them to see them LOSE.

ND is not in the Big Ten , because they think they are ABOVE the Big Ten, even though the Big boys normally beat up on the Irish most years.

They dropped Ohio State awhile back because they could not compete and OSU was not even that good back then.

Jimbo

I can't believe this but I can. As much as I want to see a playoff, I don't think it will ever happen.

Yup,
Thats right, I watch the ND bowl games even though they have not belonged in one since the BCS started, I watch them to see them LOSE.

ND is not in the Big Ten , because they think they are ABOVE the Big Ten, even though the Big boys normally beat up on the Irish most years.

They dropped Ohio State awhile back because they could not compete and OSU was not even that good back then.

Jimbo

Actually from what I have read is that the Big Ten doesn't want us. I am a big ten fan. Most men in my family went to ND, most women went to MSU and my Grandfather went to ND then transferred to tOSU and my Grandmother graduated from tOSU. I see no reason for Notre Dame to join any conference and unless we repeat our performance of last year for the next 5 years I don't think that we will have any need to join a conference. Think about it, right now it has no benefit to us. (not just talking to you Jimbo)

Actually from what I have read is that the Big Ten doesn't want us. I am a big ten fan. Most men in my family went to ND, most women went to MSU and my Grandfather went to ND then transferred to tOSU and my Grandmother graduated from tOSU. I see no reason for Notre Dame to join any conference and unless we repeat our performance of last year for the next 5 years I don't think that we will have any need to join a conference. Think about it, right now it has no benefit to us. (not just talking to you Jimbo)

That last sentence is why ND is not in the BIG TEN. We've asked and you said no. Got tired of asking.

If ND doesn't do better, eventually NBC will drop them. Then they will be crawling back to the Big Ten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts