BEST COMEDY MOVIE

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Decided to go through and organize the movies on the computer, so I can see what dvd's I haven't put on a hard drive yet. Came across these two I haven't noticed being mentioned yet -- Operation Petticoat and MASH. Whats not funny about a pink submarine?

Decided to go through and organize the movies on the computer, so I can see what dvd's I haven't put on a hard drive yet. Came across these two I haven't noticed being mentioned yet -- Operation Petticoat and MASH. Whats not funny about a pink submarine?

OSU,

Thanks, you gave me two additional movies to add to my NETFlix list!

"We all live in a PINK submarine, a PINK submarine"! Heh Heh... A little twist on the Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey song.

And, how could anyone forget the theme song from *M*A*S*H* - Suicide is Painless. Most people don't know the real name of the song or it's lyrics. Suicide Is Painless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Recorded on a 45 by Al DeLory, anyone remember what a 45 is? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNciEpZYC_E Movie score with clips form the TV series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYBuVxLbr0&feature=related TV modified theme/score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memC01Bmrhs&feature=related Original movie score with lyrics.

("Suicide is Painless" by Johnny Mandel) - *M*A*S*H Lyrics

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.

The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
'is it to be or not to be'
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.

RADAR

Post Script: I would have to say that *M*A*S*H* is my all-time favorite TV series. There are many great ones, but this one is my personal favorite.

Last edited:
Abbot and Costello marathon on ThisTv today for anyone that wants some laughs.

Ahhh! Abbott and Costello! Now that's COMEDY! They were my favorites as a kid and they will forever be my favorites! I think I probably discussed them here previously, but they are well worth revisiting. I know that the "Who's on FIrst" skit is a classic, but the one I remember most is "Abbott and Costello Meet... Frankenstein" (and... The Wolfman and Dracula).

My favorite part was Abbott trying to read the history of Dracula and Dracula's coffin kept opening and sliding the candle across the top!

Chi... Chi... Chi... Oh, Chiiiiiii.... Oh, Chi... Chiiiii...ii..ii Oh Chiiiic.... Oh CHIICK!

"A full moon is on the rise in foggy London when Lawrence Talbot places a panicked phone call to the States. He is the only one who knows that a great evil is on its way to America. Count Dracula and the Frankenstein Monster have been shipped to a wax museum, and when the sun sets, Dracula will rise and summon his superhuman servant. Talbot knows he must warn someone...anyone...but unfortunately, it's Lou Costello who answers the phone. The movie is then off and running. Dracula needs a new brain for his monster, a brain so simple and dumb that the monster will obey Dracula's every command. Dracula's lethal henchwoman, Doctor Sandra Mornay, soon finds the perfect subject. Guess who? Now it's up to Bud Abbott and Lon Chaney Jr. to save Lou and stop Dracula before Lou literally loses his mind!

This is my absolute favorite Abbott & Costello film, sweet and witty but also dark and spooky, with plenty of nice, Gothic sets filled with full moons, flapping bats, cobwebs and lab equipment. Lon Chaney Jr. as the lycanthropic Lawrence Talbot, Bela Lugosi in his final appearance as Dracula and Glenn Strange as the Monster all play their roles perfectly straight as Bud and Lou stumble around them. The dark and seductive Lenore Aubert makes her second appearance as a Bud and Lou Bad Girl, slinking her way through the entire movie like a black panther, trying to lead poor Lou astray. Best moments include a wax museum in a lightening storm, a costume ball on a moonlit night and an uncredited Vincent Price who shows up - sort of - at films end. Bud and Lou turn in flawless performances yet again; Bud the Straight Guy always ready with a stinging one- liner and Lou the Bumbling Fool, falling all over himself, yet both of them always uniting at the films climax to stop the Bad Guys.

Fans of Bud and Lou and fans of the Universal Creature Features should not miss this film. It is both a spoof and an homage to the legendary Monsters of film."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)