Best Dish Network Deal EVER from DishStore.NET!

You can add the dish home protection plan JUST when you need it to get repairs on receivers, replacement lnbs etc. You can then promptly drop it when you have the replacement in place. It also saves you money on the tech visit if you need one to come out to the house to do repairs-$29.99 vs $99.99 without it. I have used it many times to save on shipping and handling and on replacing bad receivers. In fact I added it this morning to replace my second 722 that was stuck in a constant reboot cycle. Soon as the replacement comes in and is activated , I will drop the insurance.

I've wondered this myself...I can't see how this is legal. If a receiver fails under no fault of mine, and I don't own it, just leasing, then I don't see how DISH isn't responsible for fixing it. Basically, if they said I had to pay to get THEIR receiver fixed, I'd say good-bye to them, because that's just bad (illegal?) business.

Sorry. After the warranty, you pay for repairs. Discussed endlessly in other threads. Just because you don't think it's fair, doesn't mean it isn't so.

For example, I lease dozens of vehicles where I work. Some, we pay for a flat rate per month covering repairs/routine maintenance. Some, we just pay for the repairs ourselves. Our choice. But even when we pay the monthly coverage for repairs, it does not cover sheet metal damage. It only covers a set number of tires/brakes.

It's in the contract. Simple as that. Repairs after the warranty are your responsibility. Will they likely cut you a deal? Yes. Free? No. Plus, you may have to pay for a service call.

And you can say goodbye to them, but you'll still be on the hook for the repairs. And possibly early termination fees. And yes, it's perfectly legal.

I pay DHPP and don't worry about it.

You can add the dish home protection plan JUST when you need it to get repairs on receivers, replacement lnbs etc. You can then promptly drop it when you have the replacement in place. It also saves you money on the tech visit if you need one to come out to the house to do repairs-$29.99 vs $99.99 without it. I have used it many times to save on shipping and handling and on replacing bad receivers. In fact I added it this morning to replace my second 722 that was stuck in a constant reboot cycle. Soon as the replacement comes in and is activated , I will drop the insurance.

IIRC, we've seen posts here where this practice will soon come to a screeching halt.

I've wondered this myself...I can't see how this is legal. If a receiver fails under no fault of mine, and I don't own it, just leasing, then I don't see how DISH isn't responsible for fixing it. Basically, if they said I had to pay to get THEIR receiver fixed, I'd say good-bye to them, because that's just bad (illegal?) business.

Sorry. After the warranty, you pay for repairs. Discussed endlessly in other threads. Just because you don't think it's fair, doesn't mean it isn't so.

For example, I lease dozens of vehicles where I work. Some, we pay for a flat rate per month covering repairs/routine maintenance. Some, we just pay for the repairs ourselves. Our choice. But even when we pay the monthly coverage for repairs, it does not cover sheet metal damage. It only covers a set number of tires/brakes.

It's in the contract. Simple as that. Repairs after the warranty are your responsibility. Will they likely cut you a deal? Yes. Free? No. Plus, you may have to pay for a service call.

And you can say goodbye to them, but you'll still be on the hook for the repairs. And possibly early termination fees. And yes, it's perfectly legal.

I pay DHPP and don't worry about it.

Angrystamen, I would just like to add a little to what navychop posted.

Under the lease your hardware is covered but not labor. The DHPP drops your service call to $29 instead of $99.

If you lease the receiver you get continuous warranty coverage on the hardware -- you just have to pay shipping for the replacement if it fails. DHPP eliminates the shipping fee for hardware replacement, and as has also been mentioned reduces your tech visit charge to $29 from $99.

Not a bad deal, but I don't think this offer will attract the numbers Dish Network is hoping for given the economy. Should Dish Network make the 922 available to new subscribers and commit to improving the number of HD channels and HD quality...you'll hear me singing, "This is the Best Deal EVER!"
NO MATTER WHAT consumers always want more and more and more and more and more and more.
Why would DISH GIVE YOU a box that is more advanced then pretty much most out there?
Again people always want more and more and more and they never seem to want to compare apples to apples.

Do the cable companies charge if you lease their receivers and the receiver fails? I never remembered the cable companies charging anything for swapping out a receiver when it was not the fault of the customer. No wonder why Dish Network is losing customers. It is making sense now. Their receivers have a high failure rate, especially the refurbs, and this is what they use even for new customers, and then when they are told they have to pay for it, they tell Dish to come get their stuff and switch back to cable or to DirecTv and never think about getting Dish again.

NO MATTER WHAT consumers always want more and more and more and more and more and more.
That's generally true...and corporations are in business to provide less (through marketing hype or efficiency) and earn more (profits) for their shareholders - it's called Capitalism and supply, demand and competition helps keep things in balance.
Why would DISH GIVE YOU a box that is more advanced then pretty much most out there?
Oh...I don't know, perhaps to earn my business?:confused: Why should they give anyone anything? Why not make customers purchase their receivers and pay for installation? To answer your question with a question...haven't they are already been doing this for the past several years? Dish Network currently offers its 722...before that the 622...and before that the 942, etc. It is only a matter of time before future offers include the 922.;) BTW, I purchased three 622 and love 'em, but FiOS TV is kicking their arse in every category with the exception of the HD DVR.
Again people always want more and more and more and they never seem to want to compare apples to apples.
The apple we're comparing is whether this is the "Best Dish Network Deal EVER"? It is not! It's not a bad deal, and DishStore.net does a nice job of sweetening the offer, but Dish Network can certainly do better. If DirecTV weren't around, we woud probably be buying our receivers and paying for installtion. Since Dish Network has been losing customers the past two quarters and is (according to customer satisfaction reports) providing an inferior product, then E* will have to do something keep potential customers from signing up with D*, FiOS, U-Verse or Cable.

Cableco boxes tend to be rather crude in comparison, so- there's no comparison.

Cableco boxes tend to be rather crude in comparison, so- there's no comparison.
Ain't that the truth! For the life of me, I will never figure out whey Motorola and Scientific-Atlanta have cornered the market with their lackluster boxes. More surprising is the lack of CE manufacturers selling set-top-boxes to the public which, after all, was the goal of the Cable Act.

I have been getting alot of questions about the 922 and when its going to be available.

First thing people need to understand is that the 922 is Vaporware. It does not exist, it is not part of any promotion and based on DISH Networks track record in the past releasing new products we would be luckey to see it out by next Christmass.

So then I get all the people saying that they want to wait for the 922, and my responce to that is that when the 922 comes out the 962 or whatever will be announced and people will be waiting for that.

By the time 922 plans on producing a 922 it might change to something else. Technology is changing so fast. If we are lucky we might see it in 2010 perhaps in the summer.

When the 922 comes out they can get a promotional upgrade at that time to get it. You will be waiting a long time to get the 922 (if it ever ends up coming to market). I am sure Charlie and Jim will be the first ones with it.

Under current DHA accounts the customer has an option to sign a 2 year lease agreement. If that option is made, 9 months of DHPP is included at no charge. The hardware is automatically covered under the standard 1 year warrenty, but only for repair of parts and related labor. The basic warrenty does not provide service call or dish mover like DHPP. The DHPP plan is optional after 9 months. Hope this helps in deciding where your responsibilites may be.

This is a great deal don't get me wrong but Dish is also increasing prices.
I also find it interesting that a company can require a 24 month agreement but correct me if I am wrong there is no price protection.
Assuming a customer keeps say the AT200 the whole time for example there is no guarantee that DISH wont increase pricing those 2 years.

I also find it interesting that a company can require a 24 month agreement but correct me if I am wrong there is no price protection.
As I understand it, there is no price protection. That is just another reason I refuse any/all upgrades/offers requiring that agreement. The 24-month contract is not any "requirement" we all must accept.

As I understand it, there is no price protection. That is just another reason I refuse any/all upgrades/offers requiring that agreement. The 24-month contract is not any "requirement" we all must accept.

Thats your choice not to sign a new 24 months contract.

But seriously, looking at DISH Networks past track record for price increases, you know they are going to raise rates every Febuary like they have been for the past several years. In addition you can almost bet its going to go up $2-3 Depending on the package.

So you sign a new contract tomorrow. You already know its going up on Febuary 1st 2009, the only issue would be Febuary 1st 2010, and at most another $2-3. Over the 12 months left in your contract at that point Dish network got you for another $36, which is way less money than if you bought the equipment to avoid the contract in the first place.

You can say the price increase is a little excessive this year on some of the digital DVR advantage plans, but then again they did not have a price increase on those packages last year.

But really what is so bad about signing a contract with DISH Network? Its a $240 cancellation fee, which is pro-rated at $10 for every month remaining in the committment. Unless your planning on cancelling in 6 months, it doesn't really make sense to not do the committment and loose out on some of the incentives.

I know $240 is alot of money for some people, but when I think of signing a contract like this I just think of all the things I do over the course of a month that I waste money on such as going out to eat and it adds up to way more than $240.

As far as "Price Protection" there is some benifits to it and there are some downfalls. Here is why I don't think DISH Network offers price protection for their contracts...

For the sake of Argument lets say Top 200 is $50/mo on January 29th 2009....

The price goes up Febuary 1st 2009 to $55, but your still paying $50/mo under old pricing

The price goes up Febuary 1st 2010 to $60, but your still paying $50/mo under old pricing

The price goes up Febuary 1st 2011 to $65..........

Your price contract is over and your no longer subject to price protection. Now the bill you where paying at $50/mo is now $65/mo.

Thats a $15 increase! You then get all pist off that your bill went up $15 and decide to cancel and go with another provider. If you did not have price protection you would have only had a $5 price increase and are less likely to say anything or look at switching providers to save money.

The only thing Dish should be doing is giving customers who signed up within the past 60 days a 3-5 month window before they raise rates, so it doesn't seem like their rates went up on the 2nd bill.

I just called the Dish store to sign up for this deal. Let me tell you , Dishstore.net are definetely first class! Excellent customer service, and great help! If you have been considering getting Dish, now's the time to do it.

-Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts