Best Dish Network Deal EVER from DishStore.NET!

Frustrated....

So I've been a Dish customer for about 10 years now. I want to upgrade to HD... sounds simple right ??? Nope. I was hoping DishStore would actually be helpful when I called, but the girl I just spoke with told me I had to call Dish directly. I had already gone down that road.... without any luck. I could barely understand the person at the other end of the phone. She said the difference between the 622 & 722 was "bigger tv" ??? WTF.

I'm very frustruated as my old pvr501 is about dead. DN doesn't seem to want to help me, and now I've gotten a brush off from DishStore....

Does anybody have any advice for me? Am I asking the wrong questions?? I don't understand why DN doesn't seem to have ANY interest in keeping loyal customers... Would it really be that hard to give us the same deal as new customers?? I don't care about a 2 year commitment, if they make me happy, I'd stay. Otherwise, cable here I come.

So I've been a Dish customer for about 10 years now. I want to upgrade to HD... sounds simple right ??? Nope. I was hoping DishStore would actually be helpful when I called, but the girl I just spoke with told me I had to call Dish directly. I had already gone down that road.... without any luck. I could barely understand the person at the other end of the phone. She said the difference between the 622 & 722 was "bigger tv" ??? WTF.

I'm very frustruated as my old pvr501 is about dead. DN doesn't seem to want to help me, and now I've gotten a brush off from DishStore....

Does anybody have any advice for me? Am I asking the wrong questions?? I don't understand why DN doesn't seem to have ANY interest in keeping loyal customers... Would it really be that hard to give us the same deal as new customers?? I don't care about a 2 year commitment, if they make me happy, I'd stay. Otherwise, cable here I come.

The best deals are usually offered to new customers, doesn't matter if it's dish, direct, cable, fios, uverse, etc. It's all in the fine print of these offers.:mad: However you've got some options, call dish (like the dish store suggested, their hands are tied because the promos are for new customers only), talk to customer loyalty (or it might be called retention this week:D), tell them what you're interested in, and nicely ask "what can ya do for me"? It wouldn't hurt to do some research beforehand and see what other providers (cable, direct, etc) would charge for a setup like you want. This way you've got some points to discuss with dish. Go with the provider that gives you the hardware and programming closest to your price point.

Dish is going to have to add the HD content at the time of price increase to make themselves look good against DirecTv especially with AT&T selling DirecTv.

big deal!!! ATT already tried going to bed with Dish and it was a disaster.

And.... I undersatnd the dishstore is a sponsor here, but how is this deal any better than going to a Local Retailer.
A live preson that will be there when any problem develops down the road???

fred

The best deals are usually offered to new customers, doesn't matter if it's dish, direct, cable, fios, uverse, etc. It's all in the fine print of these offers.:mad: However you've got some options, call dish (like the dish store suggested, their hands are tied because the promos are for new customers only), talk to customer loyalty (or it might be called retention this week:D), tell them what you're interested in, and nicely ask "what can ya do for me"? It wouldn't hurt to do some research beforehand and see what other providers (cable, direct, etc) would charge for a setup like you want. This way you've got some points to discuss with dish. Go with the provider that gives you the hardware and programming closest to your price point.

I was with dish for 7 yrs. If they won't give you want you want just go to direct. They will. I have seven rooms with directv and never heard a complaint. With Dish they always give me the run around. If dish offered 7 rooms I would go back. But everytime I call they say that can't do it. I called direct and tell them I bought a reciever and they always come and install it for free.

And.... I undersatnd the dishstore is a sponsor here, but how is this deal any better than going to a Local Retailer.

fred

We do offer rebates that are above and beyond the current offer from Dish.

Dish Network services the equipment that they install nationwide.

fred

I looked around at the local retailers, and this deal is pretty good compared to the others I saw around town. Go around and check for yourself. Plus, the customer service was outstanding.

-Al

Ain't that the truth! For the life of me, I will never figure out whey Motorola and Scientific-Atlanta have cornered the market with their lackluster boxes. More surprising is the lack of CE manufacturers selling set-top-boxes to the public which, after all, was the goal of the Cable Act.

That's a sore spot with me.

At one time, I was using the local cable company's Motorola box and a Tivo S3. I got charged monthly for 2 cable cards for the TIVO and an extra charge for the program guide which they would remove when I complained about it, then it would show up the following month again. With TIVO, you get your program guide from TIVO.

Then when I dropped the Motorola box, because I was then outside of their packages, the cable bill only dropped $3.

Another interesting point about the Motorola DVR is that I originally had one company's software when ran better than the latter one they upgraded to. The latter one only allowed you 4 lines of program guide information with tons of advertising filling up the rest of the screen. The Motorola box also caused popping sounds when I'd fast forward and rewind content through my Ref 50 preamp. The Dish 722 nor the Tivo does that.

Does Dish Store do any Dish'n It Up upgrades? (I'm looking at that $25/shipped deal for two 612's, and I don't want to get into an argument over installation. I do need a DPP33...)

Thats a tough situation since we are not actually doing the installation, otherwise I would do it for you.
Well, I tried doing it myself via call to Dish's 888 number. The customer service rep said they had no 612's in stock and wouldn't help me. It was like pulling teeth to get any info out of him whatsoever. But if I understood, correctly, the promo costs $50 each for the 612, and he would not ship 2 but only 1 receiver. So I've gotten nowhere with the Dish'n It Up upgrade program and I will probably have to purchase not buy.

Got any good refurb deals on HD receivers?

Is there anything in this for current customers?
I need to reduce the cost from AEP + HD + LIL with 622/722/722.
My useful non-HD channels are TCM IFC MSNBC CC.
With 800 movies recorded on HDD, I guess I could last quite a while but would like to remain current, more or less with a few premium series, too.
Any ideas?
-Ken
+1

Current Customer incentives?
I am not under contract with Dish and would like some incentives on why I should stay with Dish and not go with Direct?
I currently lease a 722 from Dish with AT250/Turbo Gold/Platinum Turbo.

If I only have one (leased) dual tuner DVR (a 722) do I have to have a phone line or ethernet hooked up to avoid some additional fee? FYI, I just got the unit installed today and so far have neither connected.

My understanding from the last Retailer Chat was that you will not incur that fee without a connection on the primary receiver as of Feb 1.

Claude,

Thanks for for setting me up with this great package. The system is much better than my Directv setup. Another thing, the installer was extremely courteous, and got it setup in less than an hr! Thanks for the great experience.

-Al

Just wanted to say that I am very pleased so far. Mike was helpful with the initial order and the install tech was professional and got me set up in under an hour. One question, how do I get the pre-order rebate form? The link is dead.
Scott

My understanding from the last Retailer Chat was that you will not incur that fee without a connection on the primary receiver as of Feb 1.
My service just started on Feb. 6th, and I am getting charge $5/month for not having the connection on my lone 722 rec'r.

Great deal???? I'm giving serious thought to dropping my Dish sub. I am paying a lot of good money for what seems like thousands ;) of shopping channels. religious and Latino stuff that I never watch.

I think both Dish and Direct better pay attention to the customers that are forced into getting pure crap channels just to get a few good ones. The economy sucks and will likely get worse forcing customers to think again about paying to watch mindless shopping networks.

Well, after a few weeks of having Dish, I have to say I am very happy with the service. I just got my rebate check from Dishstore.net for the early bird and new account that was announced in Feb. I highly recommend dealing with these guys. They are wonderful.

Is any of these deals (from DishStore) still alive? With TurboHD and locals, what can I get?

Can I get 722k (plus ota module) and 211k ?

I had to cancel my dish install a week ago because dish promised me 722k and 211k and when installer called he only had 722k and 211. I called dish and they told me that they cannot get me 211k because it's only available through dish retailers.

Good deal...

I just wanted to say that the Dishstore deal is the best deal that I could find. Margaret helped me set everything up. Everything was good with her except that I think she forgot to sign me up for autopay with the credit card that I gave to her. No biggie, I went online to dishnetwork and fixed that. I was also able to confirm my package.
Claude was even better. I had a question that I emailed to dishstore at about 10:30pm PST. He answered about 3 minutes later...what a guy. He sent me the rebate check within 10 days of mailing all the information too.
The installer on the other hand was kind of blah. They came when they should have, but the guy didn't have white cable in the truck with him. He only had black and that he would have to check if they even had white cable at the office. He came back an hour later and installed everything. Why wouldn't the installer carry white cable? Do they just assume that I already have cabling in the the house? That's kind of absurd.

Anyway, the dishstore is a great deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts