Best OTA STB???

Jimmy J, If your location dosnt have high multipath you will not see much of a performance difference purchasing an "A/74 Receiver Performance Guideline" compliant receiver. That guideline is based on tests done in New York City, and Washington D.C. (heavily populated with tall buildings everywhere). The Voom and DirecTV HTL-HD receivers I use to DX with prove this!

Jimmy J, If your location dosnt have high multipath you will not see much of a performance difference purchasing an "A/74 Receiver Performance Guideline" compliant receiver. That guideline is based on tests done in New York City, and Washington D.C. (heavily populated with tall buildings everywhere). The Voom and DirecTV HTL-HD receivers I use to DX with prove this!

Roashru,

Thanks for the replies. I've seen a bunch of the VOOM boxes on fleabay. They need to be activated in order to get OTA signals correct? About how much should I be willing to pay for one of these units?

One thing I can tell everyone about rural/fringe locations is spend more attention on the antenna system than the receiver! :)

Yes, Jimmy J, You need to know what you are buying when purchasing old satellite receivers.
http://roashru.fortunecity.com/ purchasing info

Last edited:
I've have the Samsung DTB-H260F. It's an excellent receiver. If you don't want to spend the money, get a used SIR-T451. I had that one also,another great receiver.
IF you want to record I can recommend SONY DHG-HD250/HD500. It's an excellent receiver AND recorder. You can't tell if you're watching TV or the recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)