best receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta_newbie

Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Hey guys
I have a 1.2 meter dish with a WSI C/KU LNB with conical scallar ring on an hh120 motor and can hit birds from 30ºw to 129ºw.
I would like to get all the HD channels I can possibly get. I've done my research on receivers but haven't desided which to get.
can anyone tell me based on experince or word of mouth what's the best receiver out there?or can someone point me to other posts that talk about this . I speak spanish and english so like I said I would like to pick up evething I can.
Example: (lyngsat.com)
11909 V 7200 ( dvb-s2-8psk) on 30ºw or
12140 V 3000 (mpeg2-HD) on 125ºw

I really apreciate all your help guys
Thanks alot

if my azbox elite hd had better diseqc1.2 motor control and a blindscan, it would be outstanding. It does 4.2.2, 8skp, dvb-s2 out of the box. Plus the multimedia functions are great

I use a coolsat 6100 to point my dish and hunt for feeds

A good argument can be made for the AZbox. It's the only receiver that tunes both DVB-S and DVB-S2 HD and SD, in both 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 chroma . It's major flaw is the lack of blindscan.
Another good argument can be made for the Pansat 9200HD, which now tunes DVB-S and DVB-S2 HD and SD, but NOT 4:2:2 chroma video. The Pansat , though, DOES blindscan DVB-S and DVB-S2 with it's new expansion tuner.
The correct answer is BOTH !
:)
These are at the top of my list, but neither is complete in itself.

A good argument can be made for the AZbox. It's the only receiver that tunes both DVB-S and DVB-S2 HD and SD, in both 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 chroma . It's major flaw is the lack of blindscan.
Another good argument can be made for the Pansat 9200HD, which now tunes DVB-S and DVB-S2 HD and SD, but NOT 4:2:2 chroma video. The Pansat , though, DOES blindscan DVB-S and DVB-S2 with it's new expansion tuner.
The correct answer is BOTH !
These are at the top of my list, but neither is complete in itself.

This discussion has been going on for a long time now. There are a handful of HD receivers that one thing well but not the other. I don't understand why The North American market is being neglected when Europe has had, for several years, most of the features we need here. I'd love to buy a new HD box without having to compromise, on anything.

My guess is that our needs are unmet because of the small market. The small market is a result of the Dish Network/DirecTV lock on programming , unlike the European market. Our extreme capitalism fosters this environment, and it won't end soon. I don't see a huge public clamor to break up the big entertainment providers and allow competition from dozens of little guys. We're stuck with being a niche market.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I hear that the AZBox HD could/will be upgraded in the future to do Blind scan. My question is....will the Blind scan be hardware or software based?

Nobody knows, of course, but indications from Rick's site was a software blindscan first, then later on, another tuner which would be compatible with hardware blindscan.
Just wait and see.

Thanx for your input guys,

After reading your threds , I think I'm getting more inclined into buying the azbox because as far as I know the Blind scan feature is mostly usefull to feed hunters and I'm not much of a feed watcher and as far as the diseq 1.2 motor control goes, if it doesnt work good or it doesnt work at all I can do what frezzy is doing and use my old receiver to move the dish.
Now all I have to do is find a good place to buy one, any suggestions?

thanks again guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)