Best Remote to Use for Voom and my HT???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
RickCathey said:
I second the Harmony Remote unit SST-659. I bought one last week and in a half hour time I had it operating all my gadgets. Now I can put away a couch full of remotes..

Hitachi 65S700
Onkyo HTS-760
Apex AD-5131 3 Disc DVD Player
Panasonic HS2 DVD Recorder
JVC 811 Dish Receiver
Channel Master 9521A rotor
VOOM Receiver

Rick
i have had others,pronto etc mx 500 Isn't this one amazing (659) for a fairly cheap price! and i love the way they can tweek it on the website and then you just download the change.pooff it works..any mistakes press help and it learns by itself..i am more amazed by the remote then by VOOM (since i have had D* for years)Not saying anything bad about VOOM

I'm not trying to promote a particular brand of remote (it's pretty personal I know), just make a resource available to the forum. I typically use the MX-800, which I have activity based (e.g., 1 button moves from Voom to Cable, resets plasma input, switches a DVI switcher, sets receiver input, etc., powers off and on proper units respectively.

Tim

rudolpht said:
I have a CCF if you can go from Pronto 6000 to 7000.

Tim

Tim,

If you would be so kind as to send me the .ccf it would be greatly appreciated. It will be used in an old 1000 which should be compatible with the 6000.

Edit: :eureka OK, So I'm an idiot and the file is attached to a post a page back.

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
Edit: :eureka OK, So I'm an idiot and the file is attached to a post a page back.

No Voomers are idiots by definition, just overwhelmed :)

My bad for not posting at the front end. Hope it works out OK. I did use it on a 1000 previously and codes do work, just buttons a little fuzzy.

Tim

I have the Sony RM-AV3000. Anyone know the code for setting VOOM up on it? Also, has anyone had luck controlling a Samsung DLP with discrete codes?

rudolpht said:
My bad for not posting at the front end. Hope it works out OK. I did use it on a 1000 previously and codes do work, just buttons a little fuzzy.

Tim

Your bad? Naw! Quite the contrary. LOL...If your feeling that bad about it, feel free to re-write that .ccf for the 1000/2000. I didn't think so. ;)

Bill

Yes it does, I had to put duct tape over the front of my 4DTV and use the uhf remote for it

Does an yone us VOOM w/ Bose Lifestyle 35 system ?

I'm a current unsatisfied Dish Network customer with 6000 connected to a Bose Lifestyle 35 & Mitsubishi 65" WS-65819 however I'm wodering if my oem Bose rc28t1-27 remote will be able to control the Motorola VOOM receiver ?

I debating on switching since VOOM now has their $0 down offer ?

No, Voom has no remote rf capability. 4DTV UFH remote does not affect it

Older (actually first generation) 4DTV, no adress change capability

I've got a Lifestyle 28, which uses the same remote. If all goes well with my hook up Saturday morning I'll let you know.

Why the VOOM remote sucks

The reason the VOOM remote sucks is because it is the identical remote Cablevision uses for its Digital cable service (named iO). Here are two pictures of the remotes one from VOOM and one from iO. You can tell these were done on the cheap.
If there is one thing Motorola can build; it is remote controls. Star Choice uses Motorola remote controls for its service for practically the same set top VOOM uses. Why VOOM chose to not use a good Motorola remote is beyond me.

Attachments

• Cablevision%27s%20Remote%20Control.jpg
    Cablevision%27s%20Remote%20Control.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 227
  • voom remote.JPG
    voom remote.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 257
There are some excellent universal remotes available, and you could put the Voom remote away. Lots of good press on the Harmony SST-659, although it'll cost you some $$.

The Stone Man said:
There are some excellent universal remotes available, and you could put the Voom remote away. Lots of good press on the Harmony SST-659, although it'll cost you some $$.
The Harmony SST-659 requires a pc with USB and a web connection to configure. I do think my SST-659 is a GREAT product. I now use 1 remote, something I thought would be next to impossible with all my "wierd" equipment.

VOOM is controllable by RF! Yes!!!

I am able to control my VOOM receiver using my 4DTV RF remote from the other end of my home! These remotes are available as spares from various on-line stores. Skyvision has it for $70. Visit http://skyvision.com/store/dtv.html.

I have a TV in my "playroom" in the back of the home. It is fed channel 4 from the 4DTV c-band receiver and channel 25 from a CATV modulator that is fed by VOOM output #2. I have a small UHF antenna on the outside wall of my playroom. There is 100 feet of RG-6 between it and the splitter feeding the UHF control inputs of both my 4DTV and my VOOM. The 4DTV remote works from my playroom.

Okay Motorola. All you have to do is add RF generation to the VOOM remote.

So far, I've determined the following mapping between remotes:
VOOM 4DTV
----- -----
WATCH Exit
VOOM Options
BACK Go Back
OK Enter

The following identically designated keys do the same thing on both receivers: 0-9, left, right, up, down, Info

BTW, the "Last Ch" button on the 4DTV remote works! There is a 2-channel jump loop in the VOOM!

I haven't figured out which VOOM color buttons map to on the 4DTV but I'll let you know.

Awesome!
Dana

Just make sure to configure your remote for volume punch-through, so that volume up/down commands are always sent to your receiver or to your TV, not to the VOOM box itself. If you don't do that and send the volume commands to VOOM box by mistake, the box may lock up. This is a known bug in the current firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)