Best Remote to Use for Voom and my HT???

4dtv remote pic.

Attachments

• 4dtvremote.jpg
    4dtvremote.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 300
TSU 3000 Need Help Please

Will the same IR codes work for the TSU 3000? Does anyone have a CCF file or better yet a pcf? Would love to just download the files...just installed today and REALLY excited but the receiver is in the room behind the theater. I'm using RF to IR now for everything else. Can anyone help?

Harmony Remote Rocks!!!

Gr8Reb8 said:
The Harmony SST-659 requires a pc with USB and a web connection to configure. I do think my SST-659 is a GREAT product. I now use 1 remote, something I thought would be next to impossible with all my "wierd" equipment.
I just purchased the harmony Remote and couldn't be happier. "One remote to rule them all, One remote to find them, One remote to bring them all and in for the Home Entertainment System, bind them...". The Harmony system really works! I'm especially impressed with their capability to download TV schedules. It's more convenient then VOOM's channel surf. I just wish I could get my PIP to work. FYI, I got mine for $115 on ebay.

i have always posted this is the best for what it does and the price,and ease of use..featured in the new Home theater mag..got all 90+ in the great review..i wouln't post how i love it if i didnt..one button and Voom is on, 1 button and D* 1 button watch a dvd...etc

And if you are considering a Harmony remote, note that a new model SST-688 is coming next month. It has the same features as SST-659, but has additional buttons and a better position of transport buttons, which might be important for future VOOM DVR.

Here are some snapshots (click on each image to see a higher resolution version):

I have had all kinds of Prontos & currently favor the MX-800, but I did order a 688 to see what the hype is about. If it can handle my convoluted setup, it will be worth the $s, if not it will be demoted to my family room setup (also HD).

Ilya said:
And if you are considering a Harmony remote, note that a new model SST-688 is coming next month. It has the same features as SST-659, but has additional buttons and a better position of transport buttons, which might be important for future VOOM DVR.

Here are some snapshots (click on each image to see a higher resolution version):

I prefer a screen I can see clearly and in color. Plus, I can add as many buttons as I wish, and place them where I want. If only the Voom remote was like this....

Unfortunately this remote cost more than the STB at full freight....

Having just sold my 6000, it was a good toy (actually much better than the unstable iPronto), but not nearly as useful/convenient (no power base req)/powerful (range IR+RF) as the MX-800. The 6000 was nearly a full time hobby to keep aesthetically pleasing while I'm swapping in & out components on a regular basis.

I have an 8-1 Radio shack remote (15-2116). Works great. It comes with a bunch of codes to program the remote. For D* the listing I look for is RCA. What would VOOM equipment be listed as?

Marco in HD said:
I have an 8-1 Radio shack remote (15-2116). Works great. It comes with a bunch of codes to program the remote. For D* the listing I look for is RCA. What would VOOM equipment be listed as?
If VOOM/Motorola is not listed, try codes for General Instrument (GI), Jerrold or Primestar.

VOOM STB code for Radio Shack 3-in-1 remote

I have an ancient Radio Shack 3-in-1 remote control (cat no: 15-1916b) that I figured out the code for the VOOM box. It's CBL box code #250.

To program this model:
1. Press [CBL] and release it
2. Hold down (P) until the light blinks twice, then release it.
3. Enter 2 5 0

That's it. The power button, [Last] button, and # buttons work as expected. The Channel Up/Dn buttons bring up the 1-line guide, but there is no [Enter] or [Watch] button so you have to enter the channel number you want to see manually once you find it. :rolleyes:

I figured this out manually (cycling through all the codes) because I use this remote in an upstairs bedroom. I have a $35 UHF transmitter hooked to the VOOM box and now (with a remote extender) I can change channels from the bedroom. :) I figured I'd post it in case anyone else happens to have one of these 10 year old remotes and wanted to do the same thing. :D

- PhreakMonkey

I know this must have been discussed before but now that the STB seems more stable can anyone comment on their experience with remotes that can learn Voom's Moto box features. I used to have (still do...) Sony Commander but my daughter dropped it and oooppss...it's broken (never got to try it with Voom). Can it be fixed? LCD screen is cracked and who knows what else inside.

What are you guys using?

I use an older Pronto 1000, works great. There are many newer, cheaper models on the market, I'm sure many people will put their $.02 into this thread.

Harmony SST-659. Web-based. Easy to use. About $125 most places. All you need is internet access and a USB port.

So do these Harmony remotes actually provide TV Guide data onto the lcd screen?

How well is this guide data integrated with Voom channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts