Best Remote to Use for Voom and my HT???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keno

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
Remote for Voom

Can some one tell me if the remote control supplied with Voom uses RF signals or UHF signals? The reason I ask is I have a Pronto 7000 remote which controls all my other components (including curtains and screen) and I wish to keep it if I order Voom. However, it can only be programmed with RF signals. Thanks....

RF? I thought it was IR? Damn, then why is there a MX700 file for the VOOM box posted on Remotecentral? I have a MX700 and was planning to use it. Others have said it works well. Now I'm confused.

It is IR. I'm using a MX-700 on one receiver and a new Radio Shack Kameleon (new 8 device) on the other.

No Problem with either.

With the Rat Shack, I started with the Motorola DBS and taught it a few addional keys.

Abner said:
It is IR. I'm using a MX-700 on one receiver and a new Radio Shack Kameleon (new 8 device) on the other.

No Problem with either.

With the Rat Shack, I started with the Motorola DBS and taught it a few addional keys.
I read it wrong i meant IR your choice was RF or UHF it didnt register

That's better, thought I was in the Twilight Zone for a minute there. Abner...you using the MX700 file from Remotecentral or did you create your own?

I started with the RemoteCentral file and moved around a few keys...like the Page- and Page+. They were backwards to me.

Thanks Abner, I'll likely do the same. Can't be as bad as the files for the Motorola 5100 boxes Comcast is using for their HD service. I had a heck of a time trying to get all the correct remote mapping for that POS. One more reason for me switching to Voom. I should be installed on Saturday if the HD Gods are in my favor.

So any ideas on how to set up the TSU7000 for VOOM. I have hinted to my wife to get me one for upcoming BD.

Vince2 said:
RF? I thought it was IR? Damn, then why is there a MX700 file for the VOOM box posted on Remotecentral? I have a MX700 and was planning to use it. Others have said it works well. Now I'm confused.

Thank you all for your replies. I miss typed my original and meant IR, not RF. I went ahead and ordered Voom yesterday. Based on the great promotion, I'll run Voom and Dish side-by-side.

keno said:
Thank you all for your replies. I miss typed my original and meant IR, not RF. I went ahead and ordered Voom yesterday. Based on the great promotion, I'll run Voom and Dish side-by-side.

Here's the MX700

Attachments

• voom4.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 322
rang1995 said:
look into this..seems to work great for me 1 button turns all on and off for up to 8 functions..i.e watch voom, watch Directv,watch DVD etc..must have a computer to download tweaks and settings and only about $150

http://www.harmonyremote.com

I second the Harmony Remote unit SST-659. I bought one last week and in a half hour time I had it operating all my gadgets. Now I can put away a couch full of remotes..

Hitachi 65S700
Onkyo HTS-760
Apex AD-5131 3 Disc DVD Player
Panasonic HS2 DVD Recorder
JVC 811 Dish Receiver
Channel Master 9521A rotor
VOOM Receiver

Rick

Thanks! Got the file and it opens fine in the TSU7000.

Any way to get the Voom remote to control the volume on your receiver? Then it would be perfect.

I agree... I would much rather it control the volume on my receiver then on my TV.

RickCathey said:
I second the Harmony Remote unit SST-659.
I'll third the SST-659, an affordable solution to a basketfull of remotes. Got mine on eBay for a great price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts