BETA testers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
I need a few BETA testers to test some new products (switches, splitters, etc) for Sadoun. This is not for review here. It is for new products under development that require user BETA testing and feedback.

What is beta testing?
A test for a product prior to commercial release. Beta testing is the last stage of testing, and normally can involve sending the product to beta test sites outside the company for real-world exposure or offering the product for a free trial.

Please note that a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore the developer does not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the operation and/or result in data loss.

Consequently, beta testers use the beta version at their own risk and SADOUN bears no responsibility for any consequences arising out of the use of the beta version.

Participating in beta testing enables you to:

* be among the first to gain access to some of the latest products of Sadoun and share your opinion with us;
* help Sadoun improve the quality of the product being tested;
* provide your suggestions on possible ways of improving the product;
* free technical support;
* collaborate directly with developers and other beta testers using dedicated sections of our forum; and,
* receive free versions of the product, which are awarded to the most active beta testers.

When taking part in the beta testing it is necessary to:

* We will contact you about the product you are interested in testing;
* spend a certain amount of time on familiarizing yourself with the product and testing it;
* prepare and send out bug reports on any errors found;
* provide suggestions on ways to improve the product being tested; and,
* report on compatibility issues (specifically related to your configuration).

Reporting problems:

* To report an error, please provide a detailed description of the ways in which it manifests itself on your system, the steps which lead up to the error and characteristics of the hardware used for testing. Send your description to the email address specified on the page containing the description of the beta version you are testing.
* You can also report problems and get your questions answered in our forum.
* You can also use this procedure to provide your suggestions on improving the product.

If you have any questions regarding the Sadoun beta testing program, please write to me using the PM system here.

I am willing to Beta test new products for Sadoun, that is as long as you do not require 16+ LNBs, for that you will need Iceberg :).

I'm game to be a beta tester :)

Always like to try new items (and try to break them too) :)

credentials
-FTA user for 6 years
-worked with C-Band about 10 years ago. Had a 5 foot fixed dish at the cabin and an analog reciever. Sadly the dish fell in the lake :(
-staff member here (I guess that helps) :)
-done reviews for multiple products....some of which honestly were in beta when I got them (Coolsat 8000 ;) )
-2 motorized setups, 3 fixed dishes, 2 (soon to be 3) C-Band dishes, 6 active FTA receivers, 3 not hooked up
-worked with probably 50 FTA receivers and numerous LNB's/switches
-have run 1000's of feet of cables and numerous switches

and last one.....have you SEEN some of the creations that I've posted? ;)
wood, hoseclamps, wire are my specialty :)

Last edited:
I'm up for hire. Self employed and like to tinker.

I have been messing with satellite since the early 80's. Currently I have 2 C-band dishes, 1 10' and 1 7.5', both have C2 lnbs. For KU I have a 4' Primestar CM. It has a Sadoun KUL2 on it pointing at AMC21 for PBS. Also I have a 76cm dish that is not being used ATM. For recievers I have a HTPC with a TT-3200 in it. This is in the living room. In the bedroom I have a Coolsat 6000. Also have a Viewsat Extreme for blindscanning in the living room and on the storage shelf is a Coolsat 4000. V-Box 6's move the C-band dishes. These are all fed into Chieata switches under the house. Coax is direct burial RG6. All installed by me.

Last edited:
I'd like to do some beta testing ;) But make sure to choose Iceberg first!

I have only had a FTA system for a little over a year but have learned a lot. The equipment I have is in my sig.
I can setup/align my own dishes and have been able to since I setup my first Dish Network system in '96.
I have cable tv, cable internet, FTA and DirecTV satellite - and can test any compatibility issues between any of those with switches/diplexers/splitters/etc.
In the past 10 years, I've done beta testing for a few tech companies including Comcast and now the CE program here for DirecTV. I own various test equipment including multimeters and signal meters like the Acutrac II that can aid with specific measurements.

Last edited:
I would be honored to participate in your beta test program.

In the latter part of my telephone career I was a beta tester and a telephone lab manager for Bellcore a company that was an offshoot of the breakup of the Bell System. My group would test new telephone software and hardware before it was released to the field. Quality control became more stringent after the Bell System broke up. There were great strides made on the hardware side, and moderate success on the software side. I left all that and now I enjoy all of my hobbies.

Be glad to help however I can.

Been beta testing dish network equipment for years (yeah, all their subscribers are doing that, just most of them don't realize it)

I'd like to help. I do a lot of electronic beta testing at work so I have lots of experience.

I'll throw my name in the hat...30+ years experience in the sat industry with an extensive dish farm. I have an interest in testing various multiswitches for loss characteristics...

I have several fixed dishes as well as a motorized .90 x .60...one 8 ft KU band for Atlantic sats, one 8 ft C band with a circular feed at boresight and linear feed offset, and one 10 ft C band with a dual ortho. Switch panel is extensive with each dish available to any of the current working receivers...a Vantage 1100S, a Sonicview HD8000, and a dedicated HTPC with a Technotrend S2-3200. There are a few others on the shelf as well. Switch panel consists of several Spaun and EMP-C switches along with a few Perfect 10 splitters. Panels are LG...a 22" and a 42".

I also have a dedicated dish and receiver that is used to host an IP signal monitoring system for an uplink in Europe.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to help, although I wouldn't want to take away opportunities from others who may have more time. However if there's something difficult or complex to evaluate, perhaps I could serve better there. I can offer a wealth of test equipment and a good array of dishes, LNBs, switches and computer tuners that can be used for comparison and evaluation purposes. I also don't mind tearing down electronics to see what's good inside and what's not.

Would love to beta test products. I have two motorized Ku setups (soon to be 3), a fixed Ku dish, and a fixed C-Band dish (soon to have a second C-Band dish that will be motorized with an actuator).

I can help with testing as well. Interested in a MiniBUD, bandstacked LNBs (especially Circular / Linear combo), new tuner cards, Linux STBs, multiswitches. For the most part I usually develop what I test. See my forum posts to narrow product choice. :)

Attachments

• Motorized 2-LNB Setup.jpg
    Motorized 2-LNB Setup.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I will gladly be a beta tester,along with my 12 foot unimesh.1.2 fortec and a spare birdview and 90cm dish.I have plenty of cables ,switches and power inserters to test with. And I am out of work for awhile so plenty of time on my hands.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)