BHN pet peeves

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
(In Tampa anyway)

I hate how a channel changes it's name or logo and BHN doesn't keep up. The entire time Discovery Times was Discovery Times, BHN still displayed the old Discovery Civilization icon in their guide. Now the channel is ID and they have finally removed the wrong logo.

Another thing I hate is how BHN currently has FNN as the three letter channel indicator in the guide for Fox News Channel instead of FNC, like it should be. Fox Business Network has the reverse problem, as they have it listed as FBC. This is very annoying and should be fixed. FNC for Fox News Channel and FBN for Fox Business Network.

I am sure there are other guide mistakes I have overlooked, but these ones come to mind as I sit down after a long afternoon of working and then flip between a few of my favorite channels, once again reminded of how annoying these mistakes are.

Please use this thread to share your annoyances with BHN and their guide, rather than pointing out how anal I am, as I already know this. haha.

There's some irony with the FNN naming thing. FNN was once the name of the former Financial News Network, we now know as the CNBC network, which Fox is competing against now with the recently launched FBC Fox Business Channel.

Must be a Tampa thing. Orlando updates their channel grids with channel changes pretty quick it seems. (...Must be a Tampa thing... I'm saying that in threads a lot tonight...)

Byron

BHC.... Bright House Cable.... from now on!

There's some irony with the FNN naming thing. FNN was once the name of the former Financial News Network, we now know as the CNBC network, which Fox is competing against now with the recently launched FBC Fox Business Channel.

Must be a Tampa thing. Orlando updates their channel grids with channel changes pretty quick it seems. (...Must be a Tampa thing... I'm saying that in threads a lot tonight...)

Byron

FNN is what they are showing for Fox News Channel.... should be FNC. They used to display it correctly, FNC. Suddenly they Show Fox News Channel as FNN... where do they get that?

FBC is what they are showing for Fox Business Network... should be FBN... see... you called it Fox Business Channel... I understand your mistake but the idiots at BHN should get the names right.

I think I'll start calling Bright House Networks by a different name. I think BHC is fitting... from now on I am calling them BHC for Bright House Cable. When they correct my guide, I'll start calling them Bright House Networks again, like they want to be called.

anoter pet peeve

I don't like how BHN doesn't give an episode number and/or original air date of shows. It would be so much easier if they did.

Having two DVRs and recording some of the same shows on both, since we might want to watch shows such as Family Guy on either TV, this sure would be a nice feature (like other providers have).

Another thing I hate is how BHN currently has FNN as the three letter channel indicator in the guide for Fox News Channel instead of FNC, like it should be. Fox Business Network has the reverse problem, as they have it listed as FBC. This is very annoying and should be fixed. FNC for Fox News Channel and FBN for Fox Business Network.

They fixed it! I just noticed this AM that Fox Business Channel is FBC in the guide now and Fox News Channel is now FNC! Maybe BHN is listening! I have a voice!

BHN- I want Cinemax HD and Starz HD, followed by more HD! Thanks, in advance!

Good deal. I came across your post and brought it up to a few people at Bright House. Hopefully the HD channels you mentioned will be coming soon!

BHN Insider

BHN, if you want to =really= do something that would be a major hit with your subscribers, here it is...

Let us move the channels we normally view to the start of the Guide List.
Ohmigosh, how convenient would that be!

Yes, I know it is a software change.

BHN, if you want to =really= do something that would be a major hit with your subscribers, here it is...

Let us move the channels we normally view to the start of the Guide List.
Ohmigosh, how convenient would that be!

Yes, I know it is a software change.

I read something in the St. Petersburg Times a month or two ago about major guide overhauls for both BHN and Verizon Fios coming. They were supposed to add features and make it easier to search for programs (gee, something Dish has had for a long time). I haven't heard anything else about it and my guide hasn't been changed.

Anybody know when this is supposed to happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts