BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

Re: Dish to Drop Big Ten Network on Sept. 1?

Not to be negative, but I would say it's more likely they agreed to "extend" the existing contract terms and nothing more in order to keep the channel(s) on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Not to be negative, but I would say it's more likely they agreed to "extend" the existing contract terms and nothing more in order to keep the channel(s) on.
It appears that's exactly what they did. I don't think anyone has any illusions that it's otherwise. It's not a bad thing.

In fact, it's the kind of thing most other carriers seem to do most carriage negotiations. It only seems odd this time because it's Dish. Perhaps, Charlie read that article about Dish alone being responsible for almost half the channel blackouts on cable and satellite.

I'm glad to see the B1G 10 HD Alternates are alive as well, at least for today. Hopefully, Dish and BTN can reach a mutually beneficial agreement for another five years.

Foxbat said:
I'm glad to see the B1G 10 HD Alternates are alive as well, at least for today. Hopefully, Dish and BTN can reach a mutually beneficial agreement for another five years.
Well, #*}<$@&?!!!! Dish still has the "Check back often to see if your favorite team is playing in HD" slate up on channel 5441HD. I called and it seems BTN alternates are only available in SD, not HD. :(

dare2be said:
My 5441 HD B10 ALT channel is showing E.Kentucky at Purdue just fine.
It's on now. It wasn't on at kickoff.

I'm on Eastern Arc; I wonder if that made a difference?

I don't think anyone knows. All of the articles I read say the same thing, that neither side will give details.

I saw the same thing gjcavana. The one "encouraging sign" was that the "IwantmyBTN" website also showed the settlement message and not the "hurry and switch from horrible DISH message". The fact that this is still up tells me they've probably agreed to keep things the same for maybe 3 weeks. I really don't know however.

Here we go again. The big ten net just posted on their Facebook page that the short term agreement will end early Sat and talks had stalled. They do not expect another short term agreement

Well let's see what this Saturday brings us? I guess when they meant short term, they meant short term. Intresting to see PAC 12 up linked though....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)