BIG 10 is BACK - A Deal Has Been Reached!

A bit confused I thought they game to an agreement, was it just another short term agreement I guess?

This really is getting old. Was with D* for 12 years until switching to Dish 3 years ago. Looking hard for a good reason to not go back to D* at this point.

Aw dammit. I just upgraded my package to include NFL Network AND Big Ten because I thought this agreement would be reached. I live in Wisconsin. I want my Badger games. And why the **** did they have to keep doing this on Saturdays!

Just looked at the dish packages page and BTN is not listed anywhere, not listed under the channels they offer in HD, and under their description on multi-sport pack doesn't mention it. Even when I type in my zip code to see what locals I get, BTN is not listed as an RSN anymore. They cleared it out quickly!

Yeah seems to be just another memory now. This is getting old fast.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Y'all are welcome to come over and watch today's games at my place: Eastern Michigan at Purdue at noon, Massachusetts at Michigan at 3:30 PM, and Utah State at Wisconsin at 8:00 PM. I forgot to add the games on the ALT channels (non-HD): Western Michigan at Minnesota and Charleston Southern at Illinois at noon, Boston College at Northwestern and Northern Iowa at Iowa at 3:30 PM, and Ball State at Indiana at 8:00 PM.

I still wonder if this has to do with BTN not being available to all AT200 and above subs since other providers like D* provide it to all subs with the package it is in (unless BTN wants to reposition itself to a lower or higher tier or would like to do both).

Not good Dish. And I don't even care about or watch the Big 10. This is a time I would love to know what element they could not agree on, or as Mojo speculates about positioning....

http://www.dishonline.com/networks/267-big_ten_network

The Big Ten Network is a joint venture between subsidiaries of the Big Ten Conference and Fox Cable Networks.

Maybe Fox is still mad about some of the Hopper features...Who knows but Dish and BTN? Sigh...Likewise, we never had BTN with Dish and never watched it on DirecTV. However, I feel sorry for those who do watch it.

WTH, after last week it sure as hell sounded like an agreement was reached so i went ahewad and pulled the trigger on a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system being installed this morning. A few questions...

1) When does my new 2 year agreement start? After the installer gets here or do I have a few days to "change" my mind?
2) The install is suppose to be from 8-12 this morning. It is now 7:05 and I have yet to hear from the installer to "confirm" what time he will be here. Is it too late to cancel?
3) If I cancel when the installer shows up, how does that effect him? I don't want him to loose money from me canceling as it is not his fault DISH cant get thier SHEET together.

I still wonder if this has to do with BTN not being available to all AT200 and above subs since other providers like D* provide it to all subs with the package it is in (unless BTN wants to reposition itself to a lower or higher tier or would like to do both).

Dish needs to save some money in order to pay Cablevision (aka AMC, aka VOOM) the 2.4 billion they are seeking at trial starting next week. Seriously, these programming disputes are getting ridiculous. I'm all for paying fair market price for goods and services, but why is it that Dish has more of these issues than all other MVPDs combined? Dish will only learn when programmers pull their channels, refuse to negotiate, and they are forced to seek assistance from the FCC.

Here in Madison WI, is a big deal already.
Appeared on local news and everything, mostly becasue today the Badgers play and the game will be on BTN.
The major problem is with some sport bars that have Dish, and that the most important thing to them was showing Badgers and Packers games, and now they won't have the Badgers ones

eichenberg said:
WTH, after last week it sure as hell sounded like an agreement was reached so i went ahewad and pulled the trigger on a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system being installed this morning. A few questions...

1) When does my new 2 year agreement start? After the installer gets here or do I have a few days to "change" my mind?
2) The install is suppose to be from 8-12 this morning. It is now 7:05 and I have yet to hear from the installer to "confirm" what time he will be here. Is it too late to cancel?
3) If I cancel when the installer shows up, how does that effect him? I don't want him to loose money from me canceling as it is not his fault DISH cant get thier SHEET together.

I believe that once the installer completes the job, the agreement starts. If you want to cancel, you have to tell him before he starts working.

Here in Madison WI, is a big deal already.
Appeared on local news and everything, mostly becasue today the Badgers play and the game will be on BTN.
The major problem is with some sport bars that have Dish, and that the most important thing to them was showing Badgers and Packers games, and now they won't have the Badgers ones

Never thought of that.

Those sports bars are gonna have pissed customers (or NO customers) today!!!

Dish will lose those guys in a heartbeat. Have to supply the customers demands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts