Big Dish in new condo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you contact Bell with this question, they will have a sales rep on your doorstep before you get off the phone...

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Lol! That's what I'm afraid of haha I am just doing a fact finding mission so I can present options to the board of directors I am a private person in the condo I have no authority to officially explore these options with bell that's why I was asking those questions here lol

The BUD would not be used for Bell. It is likely that nothing of the current system (dish, receivers, modulators, distribution) would be used for the Bell service.

They would likely propose using two dishes with a new coax distribution system so customers could have their own receivers (and order expensive programming packages). :eek:

The BUD would not be used for Bell. It is likely that nothing of the current system (dish, receivers, modulators, distribution) would be used for the Bell service.

They would likely propose using two dishes with a new coax distribution system so customers could have their own receivers (and order expensive programming packages). :eek:

LOL i should have asked my question better, lets try again. So.... from what i understand coax cable is coax cable so the coax cable that is currently run to each and every suite would not have to be replaced if they moved to a bell system correct? only thing that would have to be replaced is the dish and the method of splitting the signal from the dish but the actual infrastructure (ie the cable thats already lead throughout the building) is still usable?

You need to assume that the coax will be replaced. Most solution providers will negotiate a contract which includes new distribution. Highly unlikely that a new provider (cable or satellite) would use existing distribution.

i dont understand why they cant just use the coax cable thats already in place i mean its just coax, i can only imagine how difficult and time consuming not to mention how much money it would cost to rewire the entire building with new coax wire

i dont understand why they cant just use the coax cable thats already in place i mean its just coax, i can only imagine how difficult and time consuming not to mention how much money it would cost to rewire the entire building with new coax wire

Not all coax is the same. Rg59, rg6, rg11. Is it shielded is it quad shielded. Are they direct runs or are there some splits?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

BIG differences in coax cable performance. A RG59 or 1ghz swept RG6 coax might be adequate for 550/860 cable systems, but totally inadequate to carry Bell signals or bandstacked that use frequencies up to 2.15GHz. It is common in these small CATV systems to have hidden splitters and single dwelling drops split to feed multiple rooms. The splitters, barrels and connections are often not compatible or rated for the higher frequencies necessary for satellite signal distribution.

Imagine the liability a new provider would have if the cables were substandard and they were having to provide frequent service calls.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just telling you the way it is...

Bell could provide a 24+ channel headend that would take channels from the Bell satellite service and distribute them on existing coax using analog or digital QAM, but that wouldn't be to attractive to either the user with limited channel selection or the provider who wouldn't be able to upsell more expensive programming packages or the "coup de grace" for your wallet.... pay per view.

Time to go

Since nothing about this thread is remotely Free To Air, I suggest it be moved to a more appropriate forum.
Don't we have one for Canadian pay satellite?
?

"its just coax". That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! That's like saying a Ferarri is just a car.

EVERYTHING in a satellite system should be as high a quality as needed for that system, especially in a commercial distribution system! Coax is arguably the most important system component of all of them. You aren't using the coax wire to power lights in your living room.

If YOU are the person wanting a different satellite system, why don't you limit your efforts to petition for the right to install an individual Bell satellite system for yourself? I'm sure they'd allow a dish on a tripod in an area that wouldn't bother anybody else, and then you'd be all set.

"its just coax". That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! That's like saying a Ferarri is just a car.

EVERYTHING in a satellite system should be as high a quality as needed for that system, especially in a commercial distribution system! Coax is arguably the most important system component of all of them. You aren't using the coax wire to power lights in your living room.

If YOU are the person wanting a different satellite system, why don't you limit your efforts to petition for the right to install an individual Bell satellite system for yourself? I'm sure they'd allow a dish on a tripod in an area that wouldn't bother anybody else, and then you'd be all set.

I can install a dish on my balcony but the problem is my balcony is facing due east and I can't point the dish at the BEV satellite

Should be able to install on a due east wall, Bell sats are at 82w and 91w, you are at 97w. Shaw satellite would be a problem though, theirs are farther west. If you are in the city you would likely have access to Shaw cable which doesn't require satallite LOS. The latter would likely be the simplest and cheapest solution.

Should be able to install on a due east wall, Bell sats are at 82w and 91w, you are at 97w. Shaw satellite would be a problem though, theirs are farther west. If you are in the city you would likely have access to Shaw cable which doesn't require satallite LOS. The latter would likely be the simplest and cheapest solution.

No I don't think I can hit the bell satellite I have been trying for the last two days I can't find the signal if I could find it I would buy a used bell receiver

No I don't think I can hit the bell satellite I have been trying for the last two days I can't find the signal if I could find it I would buy a used bell receiver

You wont be able to pick up 82 W with the viewsat. That bird is turbocoded now. You should still be able to receive 91W though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)