Big Dish's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Big Dish!

Has anyone had the opportunity to drive thru what I call the "valley of the dishes" in southwestern New Mexico? The dishes are mounted on several sets of railroad type tracks. The area has mountains all around as so is protected from ti. Must be 30 or more dishes and do not know the span of each, but guess prob 60 feet or more.
Tom

update

I haven't been here in a while, but I had a few pictures to show. I've since aquired a second reciever (a 920 the guy had in his attic for no additional charge.) Also included are pics of the battery replacement. My cool brother in law and I did the battery replacement together and it went very smooth and flawless. I used the instruction to do the AA 3.6v lithium in the battery holder (and the spare holder to make ease of swap for future use) but improvised by using hot glue to hold the holders to the tvpass card slot instead of tie wrapping like instructed. Didn't want to restrict use of card slot just in case someday i need it?

The painting project was fun and spraying it took about 20 minutes. I have a heavier coat on the back. A few weeks before I treated the dish mount with that rust-to-primer acid. I spent the evening before (about an hour) with a bucket of bleach and water with a big handtowel. It actually looked fine except for mount, but it got a paint job anyway. It came out ok, I still need to clean the overspray off, but that'll prove to be a little harder than if i did it right away with a water rag :( I used a gallon of exterior flat latex from lowe's.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 91
Nice pictures somery, thanks! That sure is a Pretty dish, do you happen to know what kind it is? Glad you were successful with your battery exchange. I wasn't so lucky on my attempt, everything looked fine but when I plugged it up for the ReBoot, the ID #'s had changed. Then I couldn't get it Authorized, as the numbers wouldn't work....? So, I sent it to ATS and they fixed it right up.

Not too sure, I did discover stamped numbers on the rim, "99 6 6803" It was purchased with a 3 piece separte M/A Comm descrambler, panasonic reciever, and Houston Tracker II dish mover. I think the descrambler came later tho....

Other pictures are like three days after spray job, but there was a bunch of leaves and other loose debris that I should have swept off before taking photos.....

edit: by the way, thanks for your nice comment :D

Attachments

• DSCN1007.JPG
    DSCN1007.JPG
    812.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN1004.JPG
    DSCN1004.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN1047.JPG
    DSCN1047.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN1009.JPG
    DSCN1009.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • DSCN1010.JPG
    DSCN1010.JPG
    669.8 KB · Views: 101
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)