Big News: DirecTV 12 to take DirecTV 10 load for spotbeam fix attempt

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find that hard to believe at the price they paid. Not without including ST subscribers Base pack profits.
I think everyone is paying a little for NFL ST. Whether they want to or not.

If there is 2 million ST suscribers paying $315 thats only $630,000,000
Thats Why NFL ST subscriber must subscribe to a Base pack now.
NFL ST alone isn't paying the bill.
It should be though.
Yea but any bar that is worth anything has ST!! They pay way more then we do.

Let me get ths straight....

Let me just get this straight. It is OK to go off topic if the discussion is about sports but when somebody brings up DirecTV's lack of premiums (worst in the industry) it is taboo?

What DirecTV pays for Sunday Ticket and the obvious cost that is passed along to ALL of us has nothing to do with the repair status of 10. On the contrary, my bringing up the fact that I am annoyed with the delays in new HD on 12 (due to the 10 repair) and my desire for more HD premiums has EVERYTHING to do with this thread.

Sports freaks are beginning to scare me. It is one thing to grow up in a city and be a fan of say the NY Giants and then move to Florida and not be able to see many Giants games, so you get Sunday Ticket. It is another thing all together to be such a football freak that you get Sunday ticket in order to watch pieces of EVERY game. You subscribe to ST in order to see it all. The sports hightlights online, on ESPN and other sports channels, and in the newspaper just aren't enough for you. That is just a little overboard to me. I mean, if it is a matter of gambling, do it online and follow the real time game info that is free. I think it is a little less freakish to demand more HD channels of the premiums one is already paying for so you can see your movies in HD. Like I and others stated, Netflix is fine but it does not replace flipping actual channels and finding movies that you otherwise wouldn't have heard of, and in HD too!

A lot of you people have a double standard. It is OK to go WAY off topic regarding sports but God forbid somebody complain about the Holy Grail of sports Fanatics (DirecTV). Double standard folks. Double standard!

DirecTV would be wise to repair 10 and get 12 up and running with the 30+ channels they should have had two years ago. Let's round out the other important channels like IFC, Fuse, We, ID, Tru, AMC, etc, (and of course all available premiums) before we worry about locals in new markets or full time RSN channels with one or two live games a week. Nobody needs "Fishing West Virginia" in HD and that is about all you will see outside live NHL, MLB, or NBA on a lot of these RSN channels. It is often the same syndicated programming repeated over and over again and in Handycam quality. Yeah HD RSN's!

Going after the crowd that watches movies would be a wise move. I am not going to pay them for 3 Cinemax channels forever. Not when TW would practically give them the multichannels if they would just carry them.

Asking for more premium HD is "on topic." and I am doing so. Debating what D* pays for exclusive rights to ST is hogwash. It is bad enough the rest of us have to hear about our subsidizing of it, but you don't need to rub it in once again.

I am a fan of the the Bucs, Rays, and Lightning and I get all my local games. If I miss something it isn't the end of the universe. I'll live. And so will the rest of you.

I hate this thread at this point, posters have ruined it, and you ALL know who you are.... MODS please do something.

So it was I that pushed you over the edge. All the Sunday Ticket talk didn't do it for you? F' it... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was equally my discussion of HD premiums and those that spoke about Sunday Ticket subsidizing that pushed you over the edge.

Sorry.

So it was I that pushed you over the edge. All the Sunday Ticket talk didn't do it for you? F' it... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was equally my discussion of HD premiums and those that spoke about Sunday Ticket subsidizing that pushed you over the edge.

Sorry.
You are so right i apologize to all i have offended. Except you!:p

guys for the sake of this thread, lets at least try to keep it on topic, from here on out everything will be deleted, please, this is your warning.

I think the primary problem is that many posters keep quoting the "I dont like my service offerings, so I'll incessantly complain about what I wish I had but dont" troll, which means that all of us who have it on 'ignore' have to read its missives whether we want to or not.

I'll stay on topic.... what is the latest word on 10? Is it ifixed? Will things be back soon so we can watch as they add HD to 12?

Since I see signals on 103 (ca) and 103 (cb), I guess we can assume D10 is back online?

No. D10 transponders are going up and down as they are testing. D10 won't be back in use until is goes back to it's normal location. It's slightly out of it's normal slot now.
Whats Funny is I have all 90's on 103 ca, and all 80's on 103 cb.

Why would ca be a Stronger signal?
D12 more powerfull the D10?

If the fix worked, thats great news....
Once they get the sat back in position and activated, I see know way that we would know that programming is coming from it ....
It was a seamless change in the first place, so how do we know when programming is coming from it.
We've had signal off and on, obviously the signal will be there consistently, other that watching the signal , just because the signal is there, that doesn't mean they are broadcasting from it.
I guess what I'm saying is, once the signal is strong and consistant, we presume that the channels will be moved back and started back up , but seeing we never lost anything in the first place, ya never know ... I guess till we start getting new stuff from D12.

Those that have contacts with the inter people at D* would be the only way to know for sure.

If the fix worked, thats great news....
Once they get the sat back in position and activated, I see know way that we would know that programming is coming from it ....
It was a seamless change in the first place, so how do we know when programming is coming from it.
We've had signal off and on, obviously the signal will be there consistently, other that watching the signal , just because the signal is there, that doesn't mean they are broadcasting from it.
I guess what I'm saying is, once the signal is strong and consistant, we presume that the channels will be moved back and started back up , but seeing we never lost anything in the first place, ya never know ... I guess till we start getting new stuff from D12.

Those that have contacts with the inter people at D* would be the only way to know for sure.
There are people that post which satellite has which channel. Have seen reference to it here I think.

The channel load has returned to D10:

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - SixtoReport: DirecTV National HD Listing/Maps

That now leaves D12 with tons of room for fresh new HD. 14 channels expected to launch next week June 23rd:

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

The channel load has returned to D10:

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - SixtoReport: DirecTV National HD Listing/Maps

That now leaves D12 with tons of room for fresh new HD. 14 channels expected to launch next week June 23rd:

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD

This is a great start but like many, I wish they would give us more Max and HBO multichannels. Maybe later in the year they will spring it on us? I hope so. They will still have plenty of room from the sound of it.

Personally, I'm just waiting for November when DirecTV offers my DMAs HD locals.

Since, I don't sub to premiums, those channels don't offer anything for me. Although I'm happy for those that want them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)