Big News: DirecTV 12 to take DirecTV 10 load for spotbeam fix attempt

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No I think 75% have HD Tv's.

I think 95% of tv sold are HD tv's

Oh, OK, thats better, I have to agree that 95 % of new sets sold are HD, just not sure on the saturation point and how many households have more than one and how many actually use the HD.

I have a neighbor that has a nice HD TV and has NEVER seen HD on it. :eek:

Oh, OK, thats better, I have to agree that 95 % of new sets sold are HD, just not sure on the saturation point and how many households have more than one and how many actually use the HD.

I have a neighbor that has a nice HD TV and has NEVER seen HD on it. :eek:
My oldest daughter has an HD TV as well, that will never see HD on it either.:)
I have 3 HD tv's and 1 SD Tube Tv.

Most D* customers don't understand this, Because D* Premium Variety are the least in the Business. And mostly consist with East and West that repeat every 3 hours.

But again Nothing from D10 right now, and D* is worried about 3D TV.

Lets Finish they other stuff like HD tv first.

How true.... ask the average DirecTV subscriber about @Max or Outermax and they have no clue what you are talking about. In their mind there is Cinemax east and west and MorMax... nevermind that HBO/MAX have a combined 26 channels available in HD. They must not exist because these people haven't heard of them. They say, "oh, set your DVR and record it off the flagship in HD." Again, there is nothing like a lazy afternoon of flipping from movie to movie when you have a variety of premium HD channels. Having all 26 HBO/MAX channels (not to mention the Showtimes and Starz channels) makes a huge difference over the 4 channels in HD of HBO/MAX offered by DirecTV. I guess what you never have had you cannot miss. But they should take it from us who have experienced HD multichannels beyond what DirecTV offers. Their reasoning is that DirecTV carries all the sports. Well sure, you have an RSN from across the country with a blacked out game so unless you purchase a package like Center Ice, you still don't get the games. Adding more HBO channels costs next to nothing and certainly doesn't cost the subscriber anything.

Anyway... back on topic... if it means anything to anybody, both my HD-DVRs were frozen and required me to reboot them this AM. So something happened last night. No new channels though.

OH here we go with Netfix.:rolleyes:
If there was no netflix, what excuse for not having hardly any Premiums would you guys come up with then?:rant:

That they're a terrible value because they only run a small number of new movies per month, that most or all of those were available for rent many months earlier, and that most of the series they run are crap? :)

Any movie netflix has I've seen or can order VIA VOD or PPV.

Yes, but for $5. My netflix cost comes to about a dollar a movie. If I want some extra movies or a new release, I can get it out of the redbox for a dollar.

Thats ~200-250+ movies/series a year I can watch that are complete, with extras, when I want to watch them for the cost of a couple of premiums for a year.

I just watched the entire series run of The Wire on dvd and it cost me about $25. I also didnt have to wait 6 years to watch the whole thing.

95% of TV sold are HD TV.
I bet atleast 75% have HD tvs.
Whether they subscribe to HD service may be a whole other story.

You're probably very close. January one this year penetration of HDTV in this country was 46%. May 1 it climbed to 65%. It should be over 70%, today.:D

That they're a terrible value because they only run a small number of new movies per month, that most or all of those were available for rent many months earlier, and that most of the series they run are crap?.

Total matter of opinion.

I say they are a great value.

Shows...

HBO- True Blood
Starz- Gravity, Party Down
Showtime- Dexter

....just to name a few

Skottey,
Anyway... back on topic... if it means anything to anybody, both my HD-DVRs were frozen and required me to reboot them this AM. So something happened last night. No new channels though.

Where have you been, we've been talking about that all morning. :)

Last edited:
I hope 3D becomes a VOD option only, and leaves our satellite bandwidth alone.

Unfortunately VOD isn't an option for live sporting events. However, I agree with the frustration of DTV adding 3D, when almost no one has the hardware for it and they are still missing about 20 HD channels I want.

Skottey,

Where have you been, we've been talking about that all morning. :)

It was morning when I posted that.

You know that's not going to be the case.

DIRECTV specializes in special people with special interests.
I know.:) Thats because D* spends more money on the Fancy stuff, and they have to search for higher premium customers because the middle to lower end customers can't pay the huge D* tabs.

I blaim NFL ST for our lack of HD and Premium movie channels,and high upfront lease costs.

I blaim NFL ST for our lack of HD and Premium movie channels,and high upfront lease costs.

Whether you believe them or not (I'm not sure myself) they said in one of their recent quarterly reports/investor call (maybe for the end of year results) that they actually made a profit on NFLST.

Oh, OK, thats better. :eek:
McCoy.jpg
DAMN IT JIM!!!!!

that's what he said the first time!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:D:D:D:D:D

Whether you believe them or not (I'm not sure myself) they said in one of their recent quarterly reports/investor call (maybe for the end of year results) that they actually made a profit on NFLST.
I find that hard to believe at the price they paid. Not without including ST subscribers Base pack profits.
I think everyone is paying a little for NFL ST. Whether they want to or not.

If there is 2 million ST suscribers paying $315 thats only $630,000,000
Thats Why NFL ST subscriber must subscribe to a Base pack now.
NFL ST alone isn't paying the bill.
It should be though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)