Big News: New VOOM HD LL Web Site (They are back! or Are they?) YES!

Enjoy the ride!...voomllc or voom.com... who cares as long as Chuck is still fighting for it. Enjoy the damn programming while you can beeeacthes! Flame if you want to, I don't care......because i'm Rick James Beeatch!!! :D

I think someone is having fun on all our behalf, I dont think VoomLLC is a real site, anyone can download images from one site and create a new site. and why is the llc site changing dynamically as comments are made on this board, if it was a real site, I would think there would be more information than a splash screen when the official site is not up.

Dan Berndt said:
Looks like the guy (or gal) editing the VOOMLLC site is reading our threads. Visably has been corrected.

The voom.com website also misspelled visibly when it was back up briefly today. (We'll see how it's spelled when it comes back up).

VOOM-Aid Concert

tangobravozab said:
How about a pay per view event between the members of the Dolan family?

This is NOT a bad idea--what about we suggest they do have a BIG Pay Per View event--get some VERY popular magnetic personality (a VOOM customer???) to do a VOOM-aid concert for free and then charge a good fee PLUS donations!!!! We could all then help bail Charlie out.

ALSO, if we just jump away from the computer and find 10 friends or neighbors to sign up for VOOM in the next 7 days--that would be the beginning of the "FLight of the Phoenix" rising up out of the ashes!

chevyN8 said:
Nobody knows for sure where voomllc.com is coming from.

Sure we do, Its registered to a company out of New Jersey, and was created yesterday. I'm going to call it a fake.

Registrant:
MC SQUARED INCORPORATED (MTYONWCFND)
17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
US

Domain Name: VOOMLLC.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
MC SQUARED INCORPORATED (MS5023-ORG) cgentile@mcsqd.com
17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
US
609 818 0725 fax: 609 818 9205

Record expires on 01-Mar-2006.
Record created on 01-Mar-2005.
Database last updated on 2-Mar-2005 16:37:27 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS51.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.228.28
NS52.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.192

How about the Dolan HD channel?

It can be a VOOM exclusive. It could be cameras following the 2 around all day battling.

Maybe this would require 2 HD channels

hdtvGeek said:
Hey Guys,

Been lurking for a while, but....

try www.voomllc.com again :)

We're back........................

they screwed up my order on the 28 of feb called today and gave me 2 free months of va va voom at the price of basic csr there said all is well Sr Dolan received funding as of this morning but we will see

Voomllc is a name and website registered by Charles Dolan yesterday. According to very good inside sources.

joshnoel said:
they screwed up my order on the 28 of feb called today and gave me 2 free months of va va voom at the price of basic csr there said all is well Sr Dolan received funding as of this morning but we will see
I had a tech no show three times in a row! I took 2 half days off work and the guy doesn't even call! So the CSR also gave me VaVaVoom free for two months (I already subscribe to it) and upgraded me to a 26" dish. Now, they just need to stay in business long enough for me to see the benefit of the two months of free service!

bernie1774 said:
Sure we do, Its registered to a company out of New Jersey, and was created yesterday. I'm going to call it a fake.
That's more or less a hosting place for the site, if it was created for legit reasons is not possible to say. By looking at the hosting company, it does seem feasible that Voom HD LLC would use such a company. Unfortunately the 'whois' doesn't list where the money came from and who wanted the site set-up. That hosting company doesn't offer free or low cost websites and seems to be on the up and up. :)

randers29259 said:
I think someone is having fun on all our behalf, I dont think VoomLLC is a real site, anyone can download images from one site and create a new site. and why is the llc site changing dynamically as comments are made on this board, if it was a real site, I would think there would be more information than a splash screen when the official site is not up.

Voom has a prior existing relationship with MC Squared via the FullCircle software.

Voomllc.com may be legit, but have jumped the gun earlier today when they were loading the Voom.com website content through a frameset. Voom.com content is on the CV servers.

If the Voomllc.com website is real *and* they had to back out the Voom framing/content loading for legal (or other reasons) it will take a bit to create a new website, or port the existing one to a new server (if they are allowed to do that). But when backed out you would see the original page from earlier today.

The misspelling doesn't mean anything. The person could have caught it themselves or someone inhouse could have pointed it out to them.

chevyN8 said:
That's more or less a hosting place for the site, if it was created for legit reasons is not possible to say. By looking at the hosting company, it does seem feasible that Voom HD LLC would use such a company. Unfortunately the 'whois' doesn't list where the money came from and who wanted the site set-up. That hosting company doesn't offer free or low cost websites and seems to be on the up and up. :)

thats not who hosts teh site, its who OWNS the domain. Look at the domain in the DNS entries and then put it in your web browser. It its the low Network Solutions hosting, anybody with 19.95 and a credit card could have a site with them. Granted the registered owner looks legit, but the hosting on Network Solutions server smells fishy

Andrew B said:
I had a tech no show three times in a row! I took 2 half days off work and the guy doesn't even call! So the CSR also gave me VaVaVoom free for two months (I already subscribe to it) and upgraded me to a 26" dish. Now, they just need to stay in business long enough for me to see the benefit of the two months of free service!

yea it would be nice to actually see the product in working order

deeann said:
The misspelling doesn't mean anything. The person could have caught it themselves or someone inhouse could have pointed it out to them.

I would tend to disagree. A hacker might just cut and run. Whoever edited the spelling error cared about the website and wanted it to look professional.

joshnoel said:
yea it would be nice to actually see the product in working order
Actually...I have enjoyed VOOM for months now. Unfortunately, when it rains hard I get some breakup of my picture, so I have been trying to get a tech to come out and swap my dish...but to no avail!

bernie1774 said:
thats not who hosts teh site, its who OWNS the domain. Look at the domain in the DNS entries and then put it in your web browser. It its the low Network Solutions hosting, anybody with 19.95 and a credit card could have a site with them. Granted the registered owner looks legit, but the hosting on Network Solutions server smells fishy

mcsqd.com (MC Squared) is hosting the website. Yes they "own" the domain, but it's not uncommon for domain "owners" to be the hosting solution they use...even though the funding is from a company. Like I said, a whois doesn't show where the money came from to set it up. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for those that don't know much about domain registering and such.
http://mcsqd.com/voom is also http://voomllc.com

example: the company I work for has a few registered domains. Most of which have our ISP listed as the "owner" because they set them up. We pay for the domain, but aren't listed as the whois 'owner'.

so wtf is going on, voom.com says shutdown by end of march, voom llc says we are kicking. Retarded, plain and simple.